CHECK THIS OUT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CA and baking soda is very hard with zero flex, if you fix something with it like say an a arm it will just break again. I have wanted to try this trick to repair stripped out holes in plastic though.

CA and baking soda is very hard with zero flex, if you fix something with it like say an a arm it will just break again. I have wanted to try this trick to repair stripped out holes in plastic though.
using it in stripped out holes seems like a really good idea. I wonder if using just glue in the hole would be good enough?

Baking soda and CA glue is what luthiers use to repair the nut on guitars. It creates an incredibly hard substance but, as @slick2500 pointed out, it lacks any sort of elasticity. I love CA glue and use it for all kinds of stuff. I buy it in 500ml bottles. CA makes for a great surface sealing agent and can be polished to a mirror finish. I've seen guitars that were clear coated with CA, sanded, buffed and polished and it makes for an amazing, deep, and glossy finish. Just make sure you're wearing a respirator and working in a well ventilated area if you use large quantities of the stuff as the fumes it gives off are acrid as all get out.

using it in stripped out holes seems like a really good idea. I wonder if using just glue in the hole would be good enough?
Not from my experience

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back