Cold and Icy Fireteam first bash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Mega
  4. Infraction
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Nero
  7. Notorious
  8. Typhon 3s
Last week I took out my Fireteam for it's maiden bash. I didn't go crazy but had a few good crashes that it took like a champ. The reinforced body with M3 flanged screws held up great. It was quick even with it's extra heavy body. With a regular light weight body I think it would be insane!! Enjoy

Edit: On a side note. I would appreciate any negative feedback on what I could improve on in my videos. I know I need to work on taking video that's not shaky or off centered.🤦. But if there's any suggestions for sound levels or colors or repetitive or too many clips, please let me know. I mainly make it for fun but also want others to enjoy it.

Last edited:
Looks like a good bash. Can you share the details on those body screws? And anything else you did to reinforce the body?
Sure👍
I started with a bit of 3m adhesive just because my drywall tape wasn't sticking that good.
IMG_20230104_231045.jpg

Then added a single layer of drywall tape. (Usually I would do 2 layers criss crossed but with the body already being pretty heavy I didn't want to make it to thick. Also thought the panels would be a tight to get on properly)
IMG_20230104_231028.jpg

Then I coated with a layer of Lepage Quad Invisible. When I did my Mojave at the same time I used Lepage quad max in black. I liked y the way it looked so put a really thin coat on the Fireteam panels.
IMG_20230106_151832.jpg

IMG_20230106_151824.jpg

(I'm still undecided if I like the Regular Lepage Quad or the Quad max is just as good) Regular seems to adhere more and is a bit more stiff. Quad max is thinner so goes on way easier but it seems to flexible.

I will see long term what holds better.

Then I ran a tap in all the body mount holes with a 3mm tap mounted on a drill.

These are the screws I used. 8mm long would be perfect but 10mm works no problem.

Screenshot_2023-01-18-09-30-29-978-edit_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Also drilled to add an extra screw beside the Xx7618 decal Because it seemed to flimsy there.
IMG_20230109_140229.jpg

IMG_20230109_140237.jpg

Once I measured the 3mm screws they were only about 0.030" inch larger than stock so you might be better with stock screws and add large nylon washer.

Last edited:
Sure👍
I started with a bit of 3m adhesive just because my drywall tape wasn't sticking that good. View attachment 270982
Then added a single layer of drywall tape. (Usually I would do 2 layers criss crossed but with the body already being pretty heavy I didn't want to make it to thick. Also thought the panels would be a tight to get on properly)View attachment 270994

Then I coated with a layer of Lepage Quad Invisible. When I did my Mojave at the same time I used Lepage quad max in black. I liked y the way it looked so put a really thin coat on the Fireteam panels.
View attachment 270995
View attachment 270996
(I'm still undecided if I like the Regular Lepage Quad or the Quad max is just as good) Regular seems to adhere more and is a bit more stiff. Quad max is thinner so goes on way easier but it seems to flexible.

I will see long term what holds better.

Then I ran a tap in all the body mount holes with a 3mm tap mounted on a drill.

These are the screws I used. 8mm long would be perfect but 10mm works no problem.

View attachment 270991

Also drilled to add an extra screw beside the Xx7618 decal Because it seemed to flimsy there.View attachment 270992
View attachment 270993

Once I measured the 3mm screws they were only about 0.030" inch larger than stock so you might be better with stock screws and add large nylon washer.
That was a great write up. I appreciate it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back