Where to bash onroad Arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroK

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
For a long time I always wanted a large scale Arrma onroad rc. I can't figure out a place to run such a large and fast car to its potential. Not taking any chances running it up and down public roads or driveway. Paranoid, as I did this 20 years ago with my Nitro Kyosho and it got run over by a Hyundai. T-intersection and I was going straight when she turned in. The lady driver was in shock as the rc was wedged under the front tire and nitro engine was still running. Hyundai 1, Kyosho 0. Took a while getting parts and putting it back together but it never ran the same...

Mall parking lots have too many hazards, parked cars, pillars and shopping carts. Industrial park is an option but only viable late in the evenings. Is there anywhere I have not considered.

Where do you guys go to bash Arrma onroad?

For a long time I always wanted a large scale Arrma onroad rc. I can't figure out a place to run such a large and fast car to its potential. Not taking any chances running it up and down public roads or driveway. Paranoid, as I did this 20 years ago with my Nitro Kyosho and it got run over by a Hyundai. T-intersection and I was going straight when she turned in. The lady driver was in shock as the rc was wedged under the front tire and nitro engine was still running. Hyundai 1, Kyosho 0. Took a while getting parts and putting it back together but it never ran the same...

Mall parking lots have too many hazards, parked cars, pillars and shopping carts. Industrial park is an option but only viable late in the evenings. Is there anywhere I have not considered.

Large church parking lots, these are usually empty most days of the week other than Sunday and they are usually the smoothest parking lots in town.

I have a Typhon 6s street basher, I have a parking lot nearby that has been great for bashing around with it. Id like an Infraction 6s but my spot is a bit small for it.
I know of a few places I could run a larger rig, but most of those locations would only be available at very limited times. Industrial areas seem the most promising and is where I'll go if I end up getting one.

Industrial parks. Few around here. I'm rural area but nor far from a interstate that has side access roads with little traffic & same with Industrial parks & or those million sq ft warehouses w huge docking areas. Being sorta rural, there are some of these warehouses that are not occupied. I use the lots, if not gated, & the access roads. No cars. Just curbs.

Warehouse distribution centers can be good if that is an option and not a busy one.
School parking lots on weekends are usually good.

I usually get on google maps and look for spots.

I usually get on google maps and look for spots.
Exactly what I do as well. Switch to satellite view and look for big black boxes.

And as people have mentioned, timing is everything. Industrial/commercial plants and warehouses are busy Mon-Sat, but always empty on Sundays. Churches are busy on Sundays, but empty on weekdays. Schools are empty on weekends. Etc.

In our area, the commuter parking lots are usually vacant on weekends. In fact, we have a large RC no-prep drag group that uses one of the commuter lots on Sundays.

I'm lucky that I have a road in front of my house with very little traffic (pic below). I do have to watch out for the occasional Amish horse and buggy from the farm at the end of the road. It's decent, but I really need a better place to run my Infraction 6s at top speed.

Those white marks on the shoulder are from horseshoes.

Asher Rd.jpg

Thanks. I like the google maps suggestion to find a suitable place to bash.
Step 1 - Find a location
Step 2 - Get RC
Step 3 - Order upgrades

"I love it when a plan comes together"

I'm lucky enough to have a stand-alone movie theater near me. So their large parking area is always empty in the mornings.

Back