Kraton Common breakage and issues with the kratons besides the esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for long delay, yes, Fast Eddy's bearings have served me well...bear in mind that the hub bearings will still require a fair amount of cleaning if you run in sand or loose, gritty dirt. Even tho they have seals, it still seems to find its way into the races...

Theres a whole thread about the inner rear hub bearing blowing out.. Due to sand makin its way into the hub.. Its an easy fix.. But requires a set of front CVD driveshafts..

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/bearings-mayhem.5415/

I have broken stuff but not consistently so I can’t think of anything I would call a weakness. Things I have broken incluse:
Front arm
Pulled pivot ball through knuckles
Wing mount
Bent dog bones
Snapped the shock screw at the top
V4 RPM bumper stuffed my front centre diff but that was that bumpers fault. All the rest were my fault isn’t bad landings.

hi I'm new here

I've had a kraton for about 3months. Disclaimer thou, I am not a good driver and am still learning to jump. I wouldn't call anything I have hit large, maybe 10 or so feet with a proper down ramp most of the time

The bumpers are rubbish, broke both off in first two runs, one bolt sheared off and one needed drilling out to remove. I modified a T-Bone front bumper (as there is absolutely no chance of getting anything in OZ with covid at the moment) Its been a god send since installing. I would suggest this is the most important thing to put on them if your learning.

I have broken a few shock rod ends, bent one shock arm on the front. I have followed many posts about setting my droop etc, but when you cant drive these will break. I am in the process of installing upgrades atm.

The rear wing mount is rubbish. Broke the tiny bolts in the second or third run. Have patched that up for now until it breaks right off.

The pinion gear seems to wear out quick, I am already on my second but again, using stock gear.

I have had the diffs apart and cant see the need to shim atm. I just replaced the oils.

The front dog bones on one side has come out a few times on hard noob landings. I have replaced the cups and seals they are junk, and removed the spaced to try get the dog bone to sit inside the diff cups a bit better. Cross threaded one of the knuckles so have replaced one of those. I looks like when the truck lands heavy on one side the dog bones can pull out of the cups at that extreme angle. Seems like a poor design.

apart from that mine is still stock. Body is seeing the worst of my driving skills LOL...

Ok just went out again and broke the front diff housing one screw bent and snapped the diff housing and ones snapped off in there. Only reason I knew is because a dog bone fell out of the diff cup again. I give up. I shoulda bought a traxxas. Disclaimer not jumping much, literally one foot high dirt to grass landing. These cars are crap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back