Kraton Compatibility across Kraton versions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warby

"Hurry up and wait"
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Senton Mega
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Infraction 4x4
Hi guys, I'm getting parts ready to refresh my old V3 Kraton soon. I've already ordered a new chassis and CF steering rack.

Its the latest version 6s I own so don't have any experience with the V4, V5 and EXB versions.

My Questions are:
Are the V5 and/or EXB suspension arms compatible with the V3 Kraton?

Are the EXB arms any different to standard?

Are EXB parts in general, actually stronger or is it just a sales gimmick? What's worth buying over standard?

Thanks

I just went full speed into a pole today like a total I-D-I-O-T and the EXB bumper is almost completely intact. Just some minor distortion of the bumper loop. Pushed my hinge pins through the back and blew out my rear hinge pin mount.
V5 arms which are same as EXB are also completely undamaged.

Very happy with the EXB plastics considering nothing has any right to survive a crash like that.

All that said, v5/EXB has new suspension geometry and is not compatible with old versions without modification. I'm actually asking to find out what that entails in a different thread myself, but I know they're not drop in compatible.

All that said, v5/EXB has new suspension geometry and is not compatible with old versions without modification. I'm actually asking to find out what that entails in a different thread myself, but I know they're not drop in compatible.
Ok glad I asked. Thank you

Last edited:
The v5/exb arms have 2 lower shock mounting holes. One is for the newer geometry shock towers, one is for the older style. I'm using v4 towers on my talion with v5/exb arms and they work fine as long as you pick up the correct lower mounting point.

I have read multiple times that the Kraton v5 and EXB arms are the same. So does that means there is no reason to buy the more expensive EXB version on Jenny’s RC instead of the V5 version?

I'm rebuilding my old V4 Talion with the newer EXB arms and I'm noticing less droop in the arms. The droop screws themselves match up perfectly to the chassis but the arms don't fall as far. This was before I put the shocks on. After putting some shocks on there's still little to no droop, especially in the rear. I'm using the Basherqueen Talion towers so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Other than that I'm loving the quality of the arms themselves. Very sturdy. I'm playing around with different shocks to see what going to work best for what I do. Right now I've got the TLR Typhon shocks on the front with Tekno orange truggy springs (the Talion fronts didn't seem long enough and didn't provide enough spring tension). I have the TLRs rears on the rear and they seem fine for now but I may swap them out for something even longer like some Fireteam shocks at some point.

There's a definite difference in suspension geometry but its not a bad thing in my opinion...just have to experiment with different shock lengths and springs to get the ride height and bounce you're looking for based on your driving style.
I'm rebuilding my old V4 Talion with the newer EXB arms and I'm noticing less droop in the arms. The droop screws themselves match up perfectly to the chassis but the arms don't fall as far. This was before I put the shocks on. After putting some shocks on there's still little to no droop, especially in the rear. I'm using the Basherqueen Talion towers so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Other than that I'm loving the quality of the arms themselves. Very sturdy. I'm playing around with different shocks to see what going to work best for what I do. Right now I've got the TLR Typhon shocks on the front with Tekno orange truggy springs (the Talion fronts didn't seem long enough and didn't provide enough spring tension). I have the TLRs rears on the rear and they seem fine for now but I may swap them out for something even longer like some Fireteam shocks at some point.

There's a definite difference in suspension geometry but its not a bad thing in my opinion...just have to experiment with different shock lengths and springs to get the ride height and bounce you're looking for based on your driving style.
EDIT: Another issue with the EXB arms that differs from the old V4 arms is the sway bars. My V4 sway bars are much larger and don't fit the EXB arms. I think the Typhon sway bars may fit (or maybe even the Mojave) but the Talion ones don't fit. Still working on that one.

Last edited:
So... is the V5 Kraton chassis compatible with the V3/V4 Kraton? For some reason the V5 chassis is cheaper(on ebay), probably due to availability.

We have already established the arms are not.

A couple screws holes don't line up the same v4 to v5. Everything is still solid but something to know.
IMG_20220518_125102508_HDR.jpg

V4 chassis, v5 everything else.👆 So the reverse would also be true you'll have a couple spots where things won't line up quite right. The important ones are the same tho 👍

A couple screws holes don't line up the same v4 to v5. Everything is still solid but something to know. View attachment 219578
V4 chassis, v5 everything else.👆 So the reverse would also be true you'll have a couple spots where things won't line up quite right. The important ones are the same tho 👍
Thanks for that 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back