Cracked my Big Rock composite chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uz3r

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Hi All, I’m new to the RC game and loving it but unfortunately today I had a high speed crash with a concrete gutter and I’ve cracked my composite chassis.

I’ve attached some pictures - I assume this damage is too much to repair and I need to replace the chassis? If that’s the case, does everyone just recommend a like for like replacement of the composite chassis (part #AR320397) or are there stronger alternatives?

Sorry for the noob questions!

Attachments

• 297E072B-35E0-459E-8E3A-74356280D5E1.jpeg
    297E072B-35E0-459E-8E3A-74356280D5E1.jpeg
    403.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 2761A639-BE04-4C76-B14F-08D26E7C14DA.jpeg
    2761A639-BE04-4C76-B14F-08D26E7C14DA.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 116
Yea, concrete structures will do that to ya.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket chassis, but a stock replacement isn't that expensive. Kit breakers, like JennysRC, have them for pretty cheap. I see you're in Australia, not sure if there is a better local supplier there or how quick your local hobby shop can get it for you.

Wow, 3s parts are cheap!

Blast from the past but the link still works - thank you! It's gone up to a dizzying $7.97 now but even with postage to the UK it'll be under half the price it'll cost me over here!

While I wait I can strip the BRCC down and check what else I've managed to break recently too :D

Blast from the past but the link still works - thank you! It's gone up to a dizzying $7.97 now but even with postage to the UK it'll be under half the price it'll cost me over here!

While I wait I can strip the BRCC down and check what else I've managed to break recently too :D
Jennys is great and I’ve heard that before, how it’s cheaper even with postage etc to the UK. Might as well get everything you need from them at once and maximize on that postage fee.

Yeah, I realised as soon as I checked out that there were other bits I need - a few minutes later I had a shipping note!

Anyway - total shipped worked out at £14 where a new one from sellers here is about £28 delivered. Crazy

I'll see how long it takes, then rebuild onto the new chassis and see what else I discover I need and place a larger order next time!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back