Cracked Slipper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heinz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Ok, so I’ve been getting a little carried away at the skate park doing back flips and I’ve been hearing a slight grinding noise. Today I took the motor mount out for the first time and noticed a massive crack on the slipper clutch.

Do I need an entire new part or can the cracked part be replaced? I suppose I ought to dismantle the whole thing to check for other possible damage.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

IMG_5178.jpeg

Yes you can replace just the stripped part. Though it is time consuming/frustrating to do.
1686248823430.png

Get part ARA310946. In the future to help prevent cracks, get the inner race of a bearing and slip it over the slipper output. That will help keep it together.

Yes you can replace just the stripped part. Though it is time consuming/frustrating to do.
View attachment 304559
Get part ARA310946. In the future to help prevent cracks, get the inner race of a bearing and slip it over the slipper output. That will help keep it together.
Is there anything new with that version?

View attachment 304559
Thank you, I was hoping someone would say that. 😊

Is there anything new with that version?
I think this is the stock part, i pulled the image straight from the typhon 3s blx exploded diagram. I recently had one explode on my big rock and replaced it with this. Nothing special about it, which is why i suggested using the bearing race to help mitigate future breakage.

I think this is the stock part, i pulled the image straight from the typhon 3s blx exploded diagram. I recently had one explode on my big rock and replaced it with this. Nothing special about it, which is why i suggested using the bearing race to help mitigate future breakage.
It is the stock part. I keep and extra in my tool kit. I'm going to use your bearing race idea. Thanks!

IMG_20230608_153358498.jpg

Had no idea they offered this part. Must be a known problem. I put a inner bearing race on mine yesterday. Fits nice and tight.
+1
A known issue I have seen before, on other threads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back