Cutting fenders yes or no

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
My typhon is stock a arms front and rear with hex extensions I do have clearance when riding slow but mannn when you accelerate you hear front fender rub. So my thing is cutting the fender completely off the front is that a bad or good idea to do. I’m running mx2.8

Attachments

• 5D78CDD7-9693-4A54-A5A5-A1E865BA8409.jpeg
    5D78CDD7-9693-4A54-A5A5-A1E865BA8409.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 2C61F991-5FC3-4D05-9918-15F59DA95EAA.jpeg
    2C61F991-5FC3-4D05-9918-15F59DA95EAA.jpeg
    510.5 KB · Views: 62
Just see where it's hitting and trim a little at a time until you get the desired result. You can also use a dremel to trim it down.

Just see where it's hitting and trim a little at a time until you get the desired result. You can also use a dremel to trim it down.
I trimmed it already, but once it lands hard or turn sharp tires rub and casual driving over ruff terrain rubs also I lined body up damn Good I thought. I can’t see where I can trim it unless I mount a camera at my tires and see ?
Would cutting only fenders off weakin body

I would think if you cut enough off the fenders that it could possibly weaken the body, but you don't have much of a choice. Maby if you put something on the tires like chalk and run on the street you can see a mark on the body where it hits. Reaching for a answer here but with the offset and that body, it's not a good combination.

I really can't see compromising the strength enough to matter with the trimming you would need.
One of mine I had to really open it up and it made no noticable difference.

My typhon is stock a arms front and rear with hex extensions I do have clearance when riding slow but mannn when you accelerate you hear front fender rub. So my thing is cutting the fender completely off the front is that a bad or good idea to do. I’m running mx2.8
If you start trimming the fenders, your going to have to cut into the side step and front lip. I agree with @arrmadillo, the body's integrity will end up suffering. I know you love that Notorious look on your Typhon, but probably better to just buy a narrower truck body that's about the same width as the chassis.

Get another body so if you go too far you can always start over. The body is something that will get beat on either way and it never hurts to have a back up. Even an old busted body can ride on a truck that runs hard and takes the cartwheels.

Get another body so if you go too far you can always start over. The body is something that will get beat on either way and it never hurts to have a back up. Even an old busted body can ride on a truck that runs hard and takes the cartwheels.
Yeah different body seems better option I like this body to much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back