Decisions, Decisions…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
I’m in the market for a new rig. (Shocking)
I’m torn between several, and they’re not even similar to each other. Here’s the contestants:

Kyosho Tacoma
HPI Baja 5b Flux kit
K6 EXB v2
Vanquish VRD Carbon
HPI Savage XL Flux
LMT Grave Digger
Big Rock 6s
SBR
Axial CJ7
Kraken Vesla

The Vesla would seem to be the obvious choice, but it’s very expensive, they’re rarely in stock, and so are their parts. So I’m leaning away from that one. I hate making decisions. What are you guys thoughts?

I’m torn between several, and they’re not even similar to each other. Here’s the contestants:

Kyosho Tacoma
HPI Baja 5b Flux kit
K6 EXB v2
Vanquish VRD Carbon
HPI Savage XL Flux
LMT Grave Digger
Big Rock 6s
SBR
Axial CJ7
Kraken Vesla

The Vesla would seem to be the obvious choice, but it’s very expensive, they’re rarely in stock, and so are their parts. So I’m leaning away from that one. I hate making decisions. What are you guys thoughts?
I've always heard the LMT breaks a lot.

Can’t believe you don’t have an LMT already, that would get my vote.

The Big Rock 6s is sweet, but the body being expensive and weak makes me stay away from it. The Kraton EXB 6s v2 has my interest but don’t you already have a Kraton length basher?

Kyosho Tacoma
HPI Baja 5b Flux kit
K6 EXB v2
Vanquish VRD Carbon
HPI Savage XL Flux
LMT Grave Digger
Big Rock 6s
SBR
Axial CJ7
Kraken Vesla

I have an HPI Baja 5B SS kit that I converted from gas to 8s. It is a very fun vehicle to mess around with but it isn't that much fun when you are trying to have fun on a track or keep up with your buddies Losi 5ive T or something like that. It spins out pretty easily since it is only rear wheel drive. I was actually going to change mine back to gas and sell it and then look for a Kraken roller, Arrma 8s Roller or something 4wd to put the Castle system into. It is fun though just needs a lot of finess. I'm also not a fan of 2wd because of this entire reason.

I’d love your budget sir! That’s a kick ass list! I couldn’t pick. You’ll have to narrow it down. 😂

That's a tall list there.
Need to narrow it down there. We could be all over the place here. Might not help you much.
That EXB V2 EXB is calling you. A far cry from the previous one. Rare to see such a huge revision with any 6s Arrm a rig these days. Seems to be the best value for the buck of all the 6s Arrma line up. Even if you have one already? IDK.
Even blows away the 1/7 BRCC IMHO. BRCC comes with the Cheap radio.:(

Last edited:

Kyosho Tacoma
HPI Baja 5b Flux kit
K6 EXB v2
Vanquish VRD Carbon
HPI Savage XL Flux
LMT Grave Digger
Big Rock 6s
SBR
Axial CJ7
Kraken Vesla

Tower 20% coupon burning a hole in your pocket? 😆

The K6 EXB V2 is one of the best new Arrma rigs I have seen. Hard to look away from that one.

The 6s Big Rock though wins the looks department for me.

Tough list! Lots of cool rigs there.

Tower 20% coupon burning a hole in your pocket? 😆

The K6 EXB V2 is one of the best new Arrma rigs I have seen. Hard to look away from that one.

The 6s Big Rock though wins the looks department for me.

Tough list! Lots of cool rigs there.
BRCC does have that strange body mount issue all jacked up. No Body posts used at the front. Some say the Body gets broken easily as a result. Body falls off with carnage. Just something to look into.
V2 EXB K6 easily out values the 1/7 BRCC. EXB comes with the Top RTR radio. BRCC comes with the bottom tier RTR radio, with no $EXB$ Parts.
BRCC nice Looks aside, the FT is the better stronger XLWB platform, IMHO. I think simply, the Looks of the BRCC is what grabs so many.

Last edited:
Good points made, I think I’ve whittled it down to the K6 EXB, the Savage XL Flux, and the Axial CJ7. I will own all 3 of these, I’m just trying to decide which is next. I’m leaning toward the Savvy, mainly because it’s so different than all of my other rigs, but that K6 is so nice.

There's something appealing about a RC truck that requires its own parking spot in the garage. I'd go with the HPI.
I think the Kraken is larger than the HPI. Personally I'd get the Kraken Vekta over the Vesla since the Vekta is 4wd and the Vesla is RWD, but everyone likes their own thing.

BR6s for me. I’d get another one if I had the room.

IMG_0574.jpeg

K6 + CJ7 for me. I just need to figure out how to get wife to approve these expenses…

You and half the guys on here. I feel your pain man. I've got 2 I'm buying when I get taxs back. She has no choice in the matter. Its the 1 time a year I actually get myself something instead of the kids 😆

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back