Talion Decisions Decisions! help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
Okay so I thought I'd ask here and get some people's opinions. I've kind of came up with a plan but I want to see if people in the community have a better idea as I'm still pretty fresh into the hobby and I obviously don't know much lol. I'll list the details below! ;D

I have 3 models, Talion/Typhon/Limitless I have 3 motors, tp 4050 2100kv, tp 4060 1750kv, and castle 1717 1650kv. I have 3 ESC, 2 mmx8s and 1 max 6.

Where would you guys put each?

Okay so I thought I'd ask here and get some people's opinions. I've kind of came up with a plan but I want to see if people in the community have a better idea as I'm still pretty fresh into the hobby and I obviously don't know much lol. I'll list the details below! ;D

I have 3 models, Talion/Typhon/Limitless I have 3 motors, tp 4050 2100kv, tp 4060 1750kv, and castle 1717 1650kv. I have 3 ESC, 2 mmx8s and 1 max 6.

Castle is known for speed, so i'd stick a castle esc in the typhon/limitless, the 2100 in the limitless, 1750 in the typhon, and 1650/max6 in the talion. I run two talions with a max6/hobbystar 4092 1730kv motor and they are absurd geared 24/46. My typhons run the same combos as well and my infraction is getting an xlx2/1650 1717. Only concern i'd have is clearance under the body for the mmx8s in a typhon. i haven't seen one in person so i don't know how tall they are.
Oh if you run the limitless 8s possibly swap the 1717 into it
One thing to consider with the limitless is the rear center driveshaft may vibrate on you at high rpm's. Could be worth picking up a set of the titanium ones from scorched rc before you set it to kill.

Last edited:
If you don't want to flip the motor mount on the Limitless, only the TP4050 and I think the 1717 will fit in the stock location (85 mm or so max length).

Castle is known for speed, so i'd stick a castle esc in the typhon/limitless, the 2100 in the limitless, 1750 in the typhon, and 1650/max6 in the talion. I run two talions with a max6/hobbystar 4092 1730kv motor and they are absurd geared 24/46. My typhons run the same combos as well and my infraction is getting an xlx2/1650 1717. Only concern i'd have is clearance under the body for the mmx8s in a typhon. i haven't seen one in person so i don't know how tall they are.
Oh if you run the limitless 8s possibly swap the 1717 into it
Thanks for the input! this is basically exactly what I had in mind as well though I was probably going to put the max 6 in the limitless only because It's probably my least driven one as the roads around me arent the best, full of pot holes etc. and I'm not a real speed runner, at least not yet haha. I've currently been enjoying the limitless with stock electronics so I'm sure even the max 6 is a nice upgrade over spektrum 150a.

Thanks for the input! this is basically exactly what I had in mind as well though I was probably going to put the max 6 in the limitless only because It's probably my least driven one as the roads around me arent the best, full of pot holes etc. and I'm not a real speed runner, at least not yet haha. I've currently been enjoying the limitless with stock electronics so I'm sure even the max 6 is a nice upgrade over spektrum 150a.
I max 6 all of my rigs. I haven't really delved into the castle world a whole lot. I had a slash with a mamba monster x on it back in the day. I decided if i'm going to do a for reals road car it was going to be over the top so i snagged the xlx2 on facebook for a little cheaper and actually just got the 1717 today. I wouldn't mind doing the xlx2/1100kv motor in a limitless on 8s but like you i don't have a lot of good long pavement that don't suck. The infraction will be a parking lot ripper and prob be tough on tires hahahaha. The talion is my favorite rig along with the mojave. I have several typhons in various trims as well. One got widened with mojave arms and runs street tires, one belted 2.8 badlands, and one widened all the way and runs senton towers with a bug body.

Mmx8s 4060 tp 1750kv in the limitless. Flip the motor mount. I have the same in one of mine. It's got all the power you need to rip the drive train apart! I LOVE TP motors. ❤

Mmx8s 4060 tp 1750kv. I have the same in one of mine. It's got all the power you need to rip the drive train apart! I LOVE TP motors. ❤
Really debating on a max8/tp4050 on 4s in my mini infraction... just don't know if the max8 can handle the tp power. May have to put a mmx8s in it hahahaha

I tried the Typhon TLR with the tp 4060 and it was very interesting. I don't know if this is normal but my typhon felt "lighter" even though 4060 weigh more than 4050? Was it the power difference? I don't know but it felt really nice and I fell in love with the car all over again lol. Even my wifey thought it felt "lighter".

Can't wait to fix up my talion and install the 1717 castle combo into it today. It's like 35f today so it's pretty cold so not sure if I will get to actually play with it. I think that's why my talion is busted up now. Brand new SRC road crushers and one of them ripped right off the hex as I was turning and it caused me to slide right into the curb busting my rear arm and bending hinge pin and snapping shock standoff among other things. I remember reading on here somewhere that cold weather makes these plastic parts break easier.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back