Did a thing..... The Holy Grail of ESC Covers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get something from Bambu if you're in the market.
My budget is very low. I was actually considering the $100 Ender but I hear it needs a lot of work to get it going right.

My budget is very low. I was actually considering the $100 Ender but I hear it needs a lot of work to get it going right.

It'll take some work.. for sure.
But you will Learn a TON of knowledge while spending just peanuts..

However, I would Strongly suggest you spend $50 more and go with an
>> Ender 3 S1 ($150 at Microcenter), if you have one nearby..
At a bare minimum.

Or, go with the Smart deal with an Elegoo Neptune 4 ($260) with Klipper

Or, Creality K1 ($390) with Klipper and it's a CoreXY

So there's options...

Never go Full Bottom of the Barrel Cheapness.. (Unless you REALLY know what you're doing.)
Otherwise You're asking for a mountain of frustrationS and Pain.

It all depends on your tolerance.

Never go Full Bottom of the Barrel Cheapness.. (Unless you REALLY know what you're doing.)

Ender 3 Pro working hard above 😀.

It has taken alot to get it there but when it's running right it sure does output some great prints! 👍

It'll take some work.. for sure.
But you will Learn a TON of knowledge while spending just peanuts..

However, I would Strongly suggest you spend $50 more and go with an
>> Ender 3 S1 ($150 at Microcenter), if you have one nearby..
At a bare minimum.

Or, go with the Smart deal with an Elegoo Neptune 4 ($260) with Klipper

Or, Creality K1 ($390) with Klipper and it's a CoreXY

So there's options...

Ender 3 at microcenter was $99 when I looked. I bumped my budget up and I was eyeing the EleGoo Neptune Plus https://www.ebay.com/itm/3863533408...CXKEEJ&hash=item59f47421d6:g:OycAAOSwLFxlgUlv

And now we've derailed the thread.

That is a Good buy. 👍

Make sure you get the Neptune 4 Plus (not Neptune 3 plus)

Quick!
Get That printer , Pronto!!
And get this thread back on track. 👊

I missed a sale on that printer it was $289 when someone posted about it in another thread a month or so ago.

I missed a sale on that printer it was $289 when someone posted about it in another thread a month or so ago.

Not really.

Just use -Make Offer-
They probably will accept it at that price ,since it's direct from Elegoo Store.
💥👊

Course correction incoming. 🚢

That's what they said..
mel x joe GIF

Done2.jpg

A game perhaps, the last two revisions, can you spot the differences?
REV 20-21-2.jpg
REV 20-21.jpg
re are

The pin hole between the wires went from Round to a Rectangle.
Winner! Also thickened the support columns to strengthen that area even further, dropped down the front vent hole a tad and thickened the support, had to slightly increase the size of the fan screw holes.

I think we are done here, uploading to Thingiverse now. (y)

A caution to forum members who use this design: BE CAREFUL NOT TO USE SCREWS THAT ARE TOO LONG OVER THE CAPACITORS! If your screw is too long it WILL RUIN the caps on the ESC.

Pics:
Finished Product 1.jpg
Finished Product 2.jpg
Finished Product 3.jpg
Finished Product 4.jpg
Finished Product 5.jpg
Finished Product 6.jpg
Finished Product 7.jpg

Alrighty, file uploaded to Thingiverse.com, enjoy! https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6547620

I will add it to the repository as well but it seems I have lost my edit access again (hang tight!): https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ee-rc-3d-print-designs-updated-01-2024.60584/ (@slick2500 can you fix me up here?)

Last edited:
Winner! Also thickened the support columns to strengthen that area even further, dropped down the front vent hole a tad and thickened the support, had to slightly increase the size of the fan screw holes.

A caution to forum members who use this design: BE CAREFUL NOT TO USE SCREWS THAT ARE TOO LONG OVER THE CAPACITORS! If your screw is too long it WILL RUIN the caps on the ESC.

Pics:
View attachment 356609View attachment 356610View attachment 356611View attachment 356612View attachment 356613View attachment 356614View attachment 356615

Great job there!

Put a logo on it and hide trademark within the part..
In case someone tries to pawn it off as their own and starts to sell them online without giving you proper credit.

Great job there!

Put a logo on it and hide trademark within the part..
In case someone tries to pawn it off as their own and starts to sell them online without giving you proper credit.
Thanks Tex! Good call but it is technically a remix to SirBeck's original design.

No worries :cool:, at least now folks will have an option to try this out. (y)

I personally use a Longer LK5 Pro. I got it in exchange for some 3d designing trade work through a couple of friends who are selling the prints on FB.. It's a normal bed slinger, 12x12x14 print bed so got plenty of space for the bigger prints.. It's not a high speeder like the bambu's but it definitely gets the job done.
And I have to agree with that crappy print you purchased Slick.. nobody should be posting crap like that online, much less trying to sell it.. He apparently doesn't calibrate nor know how to properly setup a print for sells..

Pics:
View attachment 356609View attachment 356610View attachment 356611View attachment 356612View attachment 356613View attachment 356614View attachment 356615

Alrighty, file uploaded to Thingiverse.com, enjoy! https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6547620

I will add it to the repository as well but it seems I have lost my edit access again (hang tight!): https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...ee-rc-3d-print-designs-updated-01-2024.60584/ (@slick2500 can you fix me up here?)
It looks really good. I plan to give it a shot. Thanks!

Back