Kraton Did i fry my ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AceM

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So i got a castle bec for my new servo and i plugged the pos and neg wires into the other battery connector on the parallel port and there was a spark somewhere not sure where, i did have the pos wire from the esc into the receiver disconnected

Now with BEC disconnected the receiver does not have any lights on it, and nothing on the car works but the fan on the esc is on, it does not make that beep noise as it usually does after giving it power

Unless you connected it like this you probably fried the rx.
cc_bec_wiring_diagram.jpg

Oh okay, well in that case since the esc still turns on and powers the fan my best guess is that the BEC in the esc fried.

I did plug in castle BEC properly this time but i had no steering or throttle, if the BEC in the ESC is fried does that mean the ESC itself is bad

I did plug in castle BEC properly this time but i had no steering or throttle, if the BEC in the ESC is fried does that mean the ESC itself is bad

From the sounds of it the esc is toast yes.

Does the esc smell like burnt electronics at all? I have an esc that will turn on and move the servos but no matter what motor I connect to it it doesn't turn the motor at all, and it smells like burnt electronics, I have it in a storage tote and every time I open up the tote I can still smell it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back