Kraton Wtf did I get???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashOfWar

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I ordered a replacement ESC for my Kraton 4S V2 and got this…it says 130a but no cap pack or 2 EC5 connectors
B3AA203B-1462-4A4B-8AB9-970A69B76317.jpeg

That is likely a circa 2020 spektrum 130 esc that came in models like the losi tenacity db pro ( thats where mine came from). I run my tenacity on 4s all the time with the 3670 motor and it takes it just fine. But no cap packs and a single IC5. I think the tenacity models still ship with this esc.

537148E2-B3D9-4A0E-8C2F-DD1AF9E3D165.jpeg

Last edited:
It was actually Jenny’s RC…should I keep this or ask them to send me that stock kraton 4S 120 ESC??

It was actually Jenny’s RC…should I keep this or ask them to send me that stock kraton 4S 120 ESC??
Your call. Seems like biggest factor would likely be if you run 2-2s packs and want that versatility or if you run a single 4s pack. This esc has handled 3 years of hard running 4s for me with no issues and the 130amp rating has been enough to handle what i throw at it. i have 4s packs (so single connector nonissue for me) and lack of cap packs hasn’t been an issue but we all drive different…thats just my experience. Tires on the kraton are certainly bigger and heavier than on the Losi DB so that might tax it a little more but this unit is actually rated higher in amps so you would think it would be fine.

That is likely a circa 2020 spektrum 130 esc that came in models like the losi tenacity db pro ( thats where mine came from). I run my tenacity on 4s all the time with the 3670 motor and it takes it just fine. But no cap packs and a single IC5. I think the tenacity models still ship with this esc.

View attachment 333934
That is interesting, but at the same time I have seen Firma 150's floating around with no external cap packs either and I don't think the BLX185 even came with them and they were great ESC's.

Since it came that way from the factory probably good to go?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back