Typhon What did I do now...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mykranili

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
  2. Typhon 6s
Hello everyone. About a year ago I replaced the spur gear in my Typhon 3S with the steel 57t version, because the stock spur gear got destroyed. I took the Typhon out a couple of days ago and I started to hear a bad grinding noise. Took the car home, disassembled the power module and found the pinion, which I'm pretty sure is stock, to be completely chewed up in the middle.

Now, I'm pretty sure I have the power module where you can't adjust the spur gear/pinion mesh, so what did I do wrong? The steel spur gear looks comes completely undamaged. Was I supposed to install the steel pinion gear also? Now, Im not 100% certain if i installed the steel pinion or not, so if this pinion is in fact the steel one, what went wrong? Also, someone suggested that I shouldve put grease on the spur and pinion, but I also remember someone telling me to NOT put grease or any lube on those gears. Thanks in advance; hope everyone had a good Christmas...

20231227_032339.jpg
20231227_032348.jpg

Hello everyone. About a year ago I replaced the spur gear in my Typhon 3S with the steel 57t version, because the stock spur gear got destroyed. I took the Typhon out a couple of days ago and I started to hear a bad grinding noise. Took the car home, disassembled the power module and found the pinion, which I'm pretty sure is stock, to be completely chewed up in the middle.

Now, I'm pretty sure I have the power module where you can't adjust the spur gear/pinion mesh, so what did I do wrong? The steel spur gear looks comes completely undamaged. Was I supposed to install the steel pinion gear also? Now, Im not 100% certain if i installed the steel pinion or not, so if this pinion is in fact the steel one, what went wrong? Also, someone suggested that I shouldve put grease on the spur and pinion, but I also remember someone telling me to NOT put grease or any lube on those gears. Thanks in advance; hope everyone had a good Christmas...

View attachment 339319View attachment 339320

Did nothing wrong. They are consumable items..

Pinions are Cheap.
So just buy a couple of pairs at JennysRC.com
You're be good to Go! 👍

Just remember to clean out the dust & debris from the power module.. Before you re-assemble.

lucks like the pinion is a mile away from the spur gear on the first picture if its a fixed motor mount and as said above use a better quality pinion gear

Thanks folks, I'm going to get that Robinson racing piece. Since I'm the impatient type, I'm going to buy an Arrma steel pinion locally, and run it until Amain can ship out the Robinson pinion to me. I'm keeping the tooth count stock. Thanks again...

Well, luckily the LHS had some Robinson Racing pinions, so I picked up a few but installed a stock 15 tooth just to get the car running again. I'm not sure about that pinion/spur mesh, but it isn't adjustable so what else can I do?
20231227_143249.jpg
20231227_143311.jpg
20231227_143331.jpg

What the
Where is my
Who da faq doesn’t make adjustable motor mounts!🤌🏻

Oh, aRrMa…

The new MT410 and SCT410 2.0 have fixed motor mounts..............................

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back