Typhon Diff 20k/500k/20k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your diff may be too tight/not shimmed properly. What's happening to your rig is more common with a faulty diff. Your oil weight selection is fine. Open the rear diff. and inspect it again. Check the whole drivetrain for binding as well.:cool:

Something has to be binding. The fluid would not cause it to pull.

Your diff may be too tight/not shimmed properly. What's happening to your rig is more common with a faulty diff. Your oil weight selection is fine. Open the rear diff. and inspect it again. Check the whole drivetrain for binding as well.:cool:
All seems good inside just finished up right now
No broken gears no nothing just did that 30k/500/60k all gears seems good, maybe this big ass 8mm driveshafts ?
Shimming is all good also did use those arrma red diffs but installed those correctly.
I did add shims like the v4 has that my v3 did have the 2 outer shafts 2 inside diff cup behind each gear, that’s what stupid dumb bulletproof. I’ll post a vid tomorrow

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 73
That's one nice rig you got there. (y) (y)
What brand are those Fat Dog B shafts? Are they Ti ?
:cool:

That's one nice rig you got there. (y) (y)
What brand are those Fat Dog B shafts? Are they Ti ?
:cool:
There supahd markhor in Australia
You knock someone out good if you aim right
Ordered March 18 arrived last Monday I believe
Already installed this oil, ran the car but damn when you accelerate hard rear right tire over powers left and car goes way left.
I also have 200k and 15k building up my fluid game
Officially installed
Maybe these driveshaft push pressure against gears to where I may not need shims on outer input shafts ?
60k/500k/30k try this tomorrow
80k/500/60k then this I’d above don’t work
100k/500/80 etc move slowly up the diff fluid ladder funny how just 3 days ago I was on stock diff fluid and know I have a badass car package of 10 diff fluids just need 80k I’m good oh just got that 1m

Last edited:
I never shim the input gears. I know others do. I never felt the need during assembly. I like just a tick of slack there. Just me.
Disconnect your motor's pinion and free spin the drivetrain by hand to see if there is any binding somewhere. It should free spin for a second or two. The Marhkors are sweet. But cant deal with the slow boat and limited supply.
I really only need a rear shaft for my Limitless. Its too long and thin and oscillates at high revs. The stocks on my Kraton and Noto. are fine for me. I know guys bend them, I just haven't. I usually bend the rears at the axles if any. :cool:

I never shim the input gears. I know others do. I never felt the need during assembly. I like just a tick of slack there. Just me.
Disconnect your motor's pinion and free spin the drivetrain by hand to see if there is any binding somewhere. It should free spin for a second or two. The Marhkors are sweet. But cant deal with the slow boat and limited supply.
I really only need a rear shaft for my Limitless. Its too long and thin and oscillates at high revs. The stocks on my Kraton and Noto. are fine for me. I know guys bend them, I just haven't. I usually bend the rears at the axles if any. :cool:
You see this video I posted
You see this video I posted
Yeah damn boat takes forever then stops in Los Angeles for a Wk geez but it arrived.bro it’s badass
I’ll post a vid of it accelerating man it’s crazy ? mach10

Ive seen that before. Great video. I love this guy. No joke. That's what prompted me to bench run my Lim. Low and behold that stock rear shaft oscillates like crazy just like the video shows. The shafts diameter is too narrow for it length. Arrma should address that. IMHO. I can see why Arrma put a cover over the rear input shaft and dog bone end cup. That sucker will let go for sure and cause carnage. It could even puncture a Lipo no problem.(n):unsure: Approaching 100mph with the stock rear shaft spells distaster.

Ive seen that before. Great video. I love this guy. No joke. That's what prompted me to bench run my Lim. Low and behold that stock rear shaft oscillates like crazy just like the video shows. The shafts diameter is too narrow for it length. Arrma should address that. IMHO. I can see why Arrma put a cover over the rear input shaft and dog bone end cup. That sucker will let go for sure and cause carnage. It could even puncture a Lipo no problem.(n):unsure: Approaching 100mph with the stock rear shaft spells distaster.
Or maybe like a secondary center diff in the middle of dogbone with a bearing and a stationary diff type thingy idk what words I’m trying use something that braces the dog bone better ? like a in&out input shaft cup lol

All seems good inside just finished up right now
No broken gears no nothing just did that 30k/500/60k all gears seems good, maybe this big ass 8mm driveshafts ?
Shimming is all good also did use those arrma red diffs but installed those correctly.
I did add shims like the v4 has that my v3 did have the 2 outer shafts 2 inside diff cup behind each gear, that’s what stupid dumb bulletproof. I’ll post a vid tomorrow
Where did you get the carbon fiber fan covers?

I've had that hapoen, the car suddenly snapping to one side. I've rebuilt the bearings and balanced the wheels since and it accelerates straight now. Check the bearings, rear inner wheel bearings don't live long in 6s Arrmas :)

I've had that hapoen, the car suddenly snapping to one side. I've rebuilt the bearings and balanced the wheels since and it accelerates straight now. Check the bearings, rear inner wheel bearings don't live long in 6s Arrmas :)
Bearings all good did that earlier today but balancing Rc tires whatttt I got to buy a Rc tire balancer wow more cool s**t to buy

I just remove the rear driveshaft and use the hub to balance my wheels! Must have smooth spinning bearings for that method.

Where did you get the carbon fiber fan covers?
Amain hobbies by psm fan covers 30mm and 40mm available online better order now
when I was on back order for 3 wks and they thick ain’t no bs carbon either
I just remove the rear driveshaft and use the hub to balance my wheels! Must have smooth spinning bearings for that method.
every Damn bearing is replaced with fast eddies
Something has to be binding. The fluid would not cause it to pull.
got Me thinking now headed back out to the garage

Last edited:
Amain hobbies by psm fan covers 30mm and 40mm available online better order now
when I was on back order for 3 wks and they thick ain’t no bs carbon either

every Damn bearing is replaced with fast eddies

got Me thinking now headed back out to the garage
I backed the pinion off the spur gear rolled car back n forth no binding everything runs smooth as butter. Checked the rear diff again bearings clean as a women’s bikini wax, set mesh little Better. I had these old tires on at the time maybe this was my whole issue all along will swap back to my
Proline avenger belted tire and see what’s up

Attachments

• 1ACDE25E-AEEE-403E-AE03-CE52B3A4AE92.png
    1ACDE25E-AEEE-403E-AE03-CE52B3A4AE92.png
    617.6 KB · Views: 39

Or maybe like a secondary center diff in the middle of dogbone with a bearing and a stationary diff type thingy idk what words I’m trying use something that braces the dog bone better ? like a in&out input shaft cup lol
Sounds buttery smooth to me. If I had any advice for you at all it’s to reconsider that bumper at speeds of 70mph+ as well as to trim the vertical face off the rear wing for anything above 80mph. Both of those will push air under the nose and cause lift off. ????

Very nice looking rig tho ???????

Sounds buttery smooth to me. If I had any advice for you at all it’s to reconsider that bumper at speeds of 70mph+ as well as to trim the vertical face off the rear wing for anything above 80mph. Both of those will push air under the nose and cause lift off. ????

Very nice looking rig tho ???????
Thank you...haha I even used the car stand and turned cars other way, appreciate the advice that neverrrrrr crossed my mind to do that, I’m starring at it now like yeah that’s going back to the future if that’s not done

Finally Realizing I low key turned into a speed chaser...

Thank you...haha I even used the car stand and turned cars other way, appreciate the advice that neverrrrrr crossed my mind to do that, I’m starring at it now like yeah that’s going back to the future if that’s not done

Finally Realizing I low key turned into a speed chaser...
You got bit. Me too. You have a great head start there. ????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back