Diff cleaning..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Just thought I'd post this here, mainly for all the UK peeps out there..!!

I've been trying to find a good cleaner for when it's time to strip diffs for a rebuild, you all know how hard it is to get all that silicone oil off everything..??
Well, I think I just found the best solution, sprayed about an 1/2 inch into a jar dropped all parts inside gave a shake and left for 5-10 minutes..!!
Everything comes out sparkly clean..? it works a treat, best of all it's only £3.99 a tin..!!

IMG_4943.jpeg

I like electrical contact cleaner because I can usually depend on it to not cause deterioration of plastics. Stuff is good everywhere and has saved my mobile phone ports (pocket lint magnets) countless times.

Can you find something called NAPTHA? I find this works great, put everything in a tea infuser in a jar of it and let it soak for like 10-15 min.

Can you find something called NAPTHA? I find this works great, put everything in a tea infuser in a jar of it and let it soak for like 10-15 min.

I have some. Home Depot, Walmart and Lowes has it over here and it works equally well being another of so many solvents. Not sure how it reacts with plastics though. I know some solvents are unavailable in Australia and UK..... and probably California

I have some. Home Depot, Walmart and Lowes has it over here and it works equally well being another of so many solvents. Not sure how it reacts with plastics though. I know some solvents are unavailable in Australia and UK..... and probably California
Everything in California causes cancer

Everything in California causes cancer

The politicians in California are the only thing that truly cause concerns....otherwise we're just as fine as we've always been. No Happy Meals, plastic bags, cigarettes or firearms but sure enough go ahead and jam as much junk into your veins as you want...."we'll give you free needles" Also feel free to take a dump in the street.

The politicians in California are the only thing that truly cause concerns....otherwise we're just as fine as we've always been. No Happy Meals, plastic bags, cigarettes or firearms but sure enough go ahead and jam as much junk into your veins as you want...."we'll give you free needles" Also feel free to take a dump in the street.
Yep, pretty sad state of affairs that state is in. Somehow those politicians want to blame Trump but the rest of the country is fine. ?‍♂️

Back on topic though, I use one of these mason jars, that has a mesh strainer inside, with naphtha.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GLVKW2M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_GI.cEb088PHFZ

Idk I've put diff cups in it many times and I never noticed any problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back