Diff gear main 43t?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
Is there any difference between the typhon and outcast main front and rear? I just bought one local and I wonder if i need to take ot back.

Any help from guys who have the 6s lineup would help. Thanks

20200922_140828.jpg

Ok good deal. Well crap guess ill have to take this one back and just order one online then. Before i take it back is one more durable then the other? Spiral vs straight? Or just go with the spiral and be done? I will grab the pinion as well.

Side note.. $100+ diff build for the rear on the way...?
I know stock is 50 bucks

@SentFlying yes as Rcproponent as stated the 43t straight is for Typhon/ infraction and limitless and uses the 13 tooth straight cut input gear
The spiral 43t uses a 10 tooth spiral input on outcast kraton and notorious.

Oh hey guys what shim size does. The pinion take? I'd really like to stop the up off axis movement that caused the ring to fail the the first place.

Oh hey guys what shim size does. The pinion take? I'd really like to stop the up off axis movement that caused the ring to fail the the first place.
I never shim the input gear. However I do make sure the outdrive is seated as far as it can go on the input gear shaft. Once I do that they are good to go.

8x10

Thanks man! I noticed the shaft of the ring actually moves in any direction, so new bearing and shim should keep it straight as possible. I wish the shaft of these and diff cups as well had two bearings. This would stop 80 % of the failure we see due to tolerances getting thrown off when throttle is applied.
I never shim the input gear. However I do make sure the outdrive is seated as far as it can go on the input gear shaft. Once I do that they are good to go.
What size shim. I'll use what ever where ever to tighten this up. I'll wind up doing the same for the front as well.

Thanks man! I noticed the shaft of the ring actually moves in any direction, so new bearing and shim should keep it straight as possible. I wish the shaft of these and diff cups as well had two bearings. This would stop 80 % of the failure we see due to tolerances getting thrown off when throttle is applied.

What size shim. I'll use what ever where ever to tighten this up. I'll wind up doing the same for the front as well.
Now I'm confused. My input gear goes through 2 bearings and it certainly doesn't move side to side.

Just make sure the cup is seated as mentioned above.. you need some light preload on the inner races to keep the centerline true.. also be sure to keep an eye on them..every 6 packs or so check the cup for any bearing yield.. once they start to yield the trouble has begun, and will get worse and worse until it pops teeth..

Now I'm confused. My input gear goes through 2 bearings and it certainly doesn't move side to side.
Do you use shims or no? Some reason i was thinking the ring didn't have two bearings... I'll have to take a closer look.
Just make sure the cup is seated as mentioned above.. you need some light preload on the inner races to keep the centerline true.. also be sure to keep an eye on them..every 6 packs or so check the cup for any bearing yield.. once they start to yield the trouble has begun, and will get worse and worse until it pops teeth..
Good deal dude. Appreciate the heads up. That is actually when i started to notice issues.

Do you use shims or no? Some reason i was thinking the ring didn't have two bearings... I'll have to take a closer look.

Good deal dude. Appreciate the heads up. That is actually when i started to notice issues.
If I use a shim it's on the ring gear side of the diff. I don't shim the input gear.

Just the new GP series gears.. pretty soon I think you will see all thier 6s rigs end up with either gp5 or gp6 gear sets.. the others will most likely be phased out, will still be available of course at least for a while....

Alright so I went to a different location and exchanged that straight cut for. The HR Diff cup. Is this correct for the front and rear? Or should i of gotten the black cup. Iirc from reading the one in the pic is the new design. Idk still figuring the small stuff like this out. The rest will be bought online. Seems like everyones out of diff and shock fluids?

20200922_183259.jpg

Ok so the outdrives have play. Are they supposed to be solid and no play? I am not able to fit any shims behind the outdrive gears in this HR diff case. Is this normal?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back