Talion Diff issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalionRunner

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hey all! I’m still fairly new to the hobby so excuse my lack of knowledge, I noticed my Talion was getting shorter and shorter run times, esc checked out, when I removed my rear diff, there wasn’t an ounce of fluid to be found, and now when I spin the wheels the right rear wheel either slips or catches, I also hear a grinding noise. I suppose I’ll answer my own dumb question, but should I take out all the gears and just replace them?

Hey all! I’m still fairly new to the hobby so excuse my lack of knowledge, I noticed my Talion was getting shorter and shorter run times, esc checked out, when I removed my rear diff, there wasn’t an ounce of fluid to be found, and now when I spin the wheels the right rear wheel either slips or catches, I also hear a grinding noise. I suppose I’ll answer my own dumb question, but should I take out all the gears and just replace them?

At a bare minimum, you need to open it up and inspect the gears. But chances are they are damaged. I would also open up your other two differentials and inspect them as well. It would be a good time to change bearings and to shim them while you're there.

That's the problem with ready to run vehicles. You have to take out all the diffs and check oil levels. I completely go through the whole thing making sure all the screws are tight and the steering is tight and aligned.

Just wondering, but what would the diffs have to do with shorter run times ?

Just wondering, but what would the diffs have to do with shorter run times ?
Diff is heating up due to lack of oil, then heating the bearings up causing the lube in them to run out, then the bearings bind?

That would be my only guess for a "no diff oil = shorter run time" scenario.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back