Typhon Diff kit package assembled wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roughgunns

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi

I bought 2 diff kits from amain and it appears that both the packaged or sets I bought were assembled with the wrong parts in the packages
Anyone have any info on yet his issue
The kits I ordered were ar220028

Well the parts won’t go together I got a bag of tricks almost like the package had mismatched diffs inside

75345B31-5E6B-4C79-9116-F345C98E09DE.jpeg

BC0ADAFD-589D-4B24-BB0A-D0DF354A17DD.jpeg

C4BE7AEE-F395-4282-BA7E-FDEEB13FE00B.jpeg

In the last pic there is 2 sun gears and the one on the left is out of my typhon and the one on the right is from the brand new kit

Last edited:
Well the parts won’t go together I got a bag of tricks almost like the package had mismatched diffs inside

View attachment 102842

View attachment 102843

View attachment 102844
In the last pic there is 2 sun gears and the one on the left is out of my typhon and the one on the right is from the brand new kit
Bad news, one of those sun gears is wrong, the one on the right. Good new for anyone seeing this, Arrma might have already redesigned the EXB sun gear so it's flat on the bottom.

Well the kit I ordered should have been a complete kit to build a diff with my own fluids and I can’t even get the shims or the tombstones to fit on the shaft either and the diff housing is designed for the bigger shafts for the planetary gears to ride on and they won’t fit into my hotracing diff housings I bought for this project I’m super bummed right now

Well the kit I ordered should have been a complete kit to build a diff with my own fluids and I can’t even get the shims or the tombstones to fit on the shaft either and the diff housing is designed for the bigger shafts for the planetary gears to ride on and they won’t fit into my hotracing diff housings I bought for this project I’m super bummed right now
I know time is of the essence, but I would contact Amain and have them ship a new package. Looks like it was either opened & returned by some one else, but more likely, the people who package these at the factory for Arrma, had a major brain fart.

Yea I don’t think anything was opened or returned I opened both packages and the little packs were still sealed and unopened and everything Appeared to be correct and factory I just received all my stuff this past Wednesday and there email always says I have an incorrect caricature and won’t let me sent the email so I gave up on that part I’m gonna call on monday

Bad news, one of those sun gears is wrong, the one on the right. Good new for anyone seeing this, Arrma might have already redesigned the EXB sun gear so it's flat on the bottom.

That diff housing looks different as well - @roughgunns - would you be able to post a few pics of the diff housing as well?

Yeah, that seems like a bag full of WTF...

This is the message I get when trying to send amain a message

5FD3826B-EF79-4E01-B17D-4E6ECC15F417.png

This is the hotracing diff housing next to the one I got with this diff kit and I didn’t get any washers to hold down the rubber o-ring under the pin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    699.8 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    570 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Definitely a mix up! The planetary gears, satellite gears and the cross shafts all look to be for the 29mm EXB open spec diff

At least we know Arrma has (also) redesigned the EXB internals!

Edit: you've got the 29mm diff cup too. Does the ring gear fit with it?

Last edited:
What the hell they do at the Arrma factory in china? This diff. kit is really odd. As for the new shim that somebody received by surprise in a complete spare EXB diff., when it seems, from what Jason dearden say, this new shim won't come in the next EXB batch, but you can find it in spare differential :rolleyes: WHen i asked to Jason what was this shim, he seemed a bit surprised by not gving an answer quickly.

Wow.... mixed part bin id say. But man, you can totally tell a difference in the parts... how do you not know ??‍♂️ Lol.

guess it’s cool they are doing some redesign... but that sucks for you trying to build your typhon diff!

Last edited:
The new Infraction & Felony seems to get this diff, the center diff is clearly the new 29mm one.

So i guess Arrma silently updated the "non-EXB" diffs to new ones, and so that's what you've got.
But the parts don’t fit together the Sun and planetary gears don’t work with what I need
What the hell they do at the Arrma factory in china? This diff. kit is really odd. As for the new shim that somebody received by surprise in a complete spare EXB diff., when it seems, from what Jason dearden say, this new shim won't come in the next EXB batch, but you can find it in spare differential :rolleyes: WHen i asked to Jason what was this shim, he seemed a bit surprised by not gving an answer quickly.
Seems like someone don’t have their ducks in a row at all over there but I used some old sun gears and my hot racing diffs and made some of the parts work but can’t use the sun or planetary gears or the shafts or housings so that was a waste

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back