Outcast Diff oil to tame Outcast wheelies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
The $419 deal for an Outcast EXB hooked me today. This will be my first 1/5 scale.

Now that it’s on order, I’m watching a lot of videos and it looks super wheelie-happy. I like stunting around here and there, but I also like being able to drive fast with all four wheels on the ground. The Kraton was not on sale.

What center diff oil would you recommend to reduce the wheelies, without going too light?

MMX8S. Hobbywing 5687 1100kv. Gearing ??.

I think it really depends on your punch and throttle expo settings. My outcast doesn't wheelie unless I want it to. Can easily fly down the street and not see the front end lift up and I'm rocking ear plugs in the center. I don't remember what my punch control is set to but it's probably around 50%.

My k8s has an 1100kv castle motor and I'm currently geared 29/39. a lot of people seem to be around that gearing with 1100kv. Personally I find it to be kind of slow but it's probably great for majority of people.

Congrats on the big rig!

Personally I find it to be kind of slow but it's probably great for majority of people.
1676388458202.gif

The $419 deal for an Outcast EXB hooked me today. This will be my first 1/5 scale.

Now that it’s on order, I’m watching a lot of videos and it looks super wheelie-happy. I like stunting around here and there, but I also like being able to drive fast with all four wheels on the ground. The Kraton was not on sale.

What center diff oil would you recommend to reduce the wheelies, without going too light?

I'm NOT a wheelie fan...most here would not be on my side :LOL:

I have the Kraton EXB and running the small Backflip LP tires. I removed the 500k in the center and went with 100k since I have an LSD center so more like 200ish k with the LSD plates. Love it for me... the same good power with the 1650kv motor but she stays down and shoots straight fast. My recommendation is to play with 200k if non-LSD or 300k.

I will be following this. I have been wanting a Kraton but just saw the Outcast is on sale.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back