New to 8s. Picked up an outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymondKorang

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Newer to the electric field. I have a few nitro buggies, struggles, and a 6s buggy. Found out how much better electric is now. So, my searched lead me to picking up a dirt cheap 8s blx outcast on eBay. 400$ shipped with batteries and charger. Looks new! I’m reading around and looking for some recommendations on upgrades out of the box. I picked up the 25t pinion and looking for some fun cheap mods. I do a little bit of 3d printing so if someone has links to freebies I’d be interested too. First time posting on a forum since the early 2000s. Thanks everyone and I’m looking forward to that ups delivery!

Hey everyone. Newer to the electric field. I have a few nitro buggies, struggles, and a 6s buggy. Found out how much better electric is now. So, my searched lead me to picking up a dirt cheap 8s blx outcast on eBay. 400$ shipped with batteries and charger. Looks new! I’m reading around and looking for some recommendations on upgrades out of the box. I picked up the 25t pinion and looking for some fun cheap mods. I do a little bit of 3d printing so if someone has links to freebies I’d be interested too. First time posting on a forum since the early 2000s. Thanks everyone and I’m looking forward to that ups delivery!
Stock electronics I assume?

Congrats! Sounds like a sweet deal! I like my HW combos, simple and reliable. The G2 8s HW electronics are now all sensored. Fine for performance I suppose, I just prefer simplicity myself. The Firma v2 160/1100kv combo (non sensored) works very well in these trucks and can be found from time to time in the classifieds as new takeoffs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back