Kraton DIFF OIL WT - What are you running? (front, center, rear)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinKraton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey All,

Wanted to find out what everyone is running and what they LIKE about it.

Trying to understand the benefits and detriments to certain WT oil / silicone in diffs.

CURRENTLY: running 500K in center. But stock front and rear. Need to go 60K to 100K front and rear I think.

What are you running? Do you like it?

Hey All,

Wanted to find out what everyone is running and what they LIKE about it.

Trying to understand the benefits and detriments to certain WT oil / silicone in diffs.

CURRENTLY: running 500K in center. But stock front and rear. Need to go 60K to 100K front and rear I think.

What are you running? Do you like it?
I've never seen this asked before! :ROFLMAO:

50/500/30. The 500 is the biggest difference maker, as it takes some of the load off the front. My air control got way better when I went from 100 to 500 and upped the punch to 6. 1M sitting in a brand new HR center dif, just haven't bit the bullet on changing it yet.

60/200/30k front/center/rear. When I rebuild the center I may switch from 200 to 500k

Great thanks guys. What do you think of 100K front and rear?
Not sure you would want the f and r locked up that much. Gonna create a posi effect the thicker you go. You need for one wheel to turn at a different rate than the other for better handling. These things are leaning, crouching and bouncing all the time,

I don't understand the thick oil trend with the Arrma vehicles. 15wt oil is considered heavy in the racing world. The thicker you go the worse the handling gets. I'm running 30k/100k/10k in the kraton which is on the heavy side but can get away with it because of the huge trencher tires. My Senton runs 7k/9k/5k.

Going super heavy in the center differential is said to reduce front tire ballooning. Which it does, but it comes at a cost. It also slows your vehicles ability to accelerate quickly.

For example, with a lighter oil in the center, when you pull full throttle from a stop, the vehicle accelerates. As the happens, weight is transferred to the rear wheels which causes the unloading (lifting) of the front tires. The tires then balloon and bounce off of the ground helping the vehicle to accelerate. When you go to a heavy oil and attempt the same thing, the weight transfers to the rear wheels, front wheels come up off the ground and they stay up there in wheelie mode, so now you have to let off the throttle to bring the front wheels back in contact with the ground so you can regain directional control of the vehicle. So basically, with a lighter oil, you can gun it from a stand still and don't have to let off the throttle. Do this with a heavy oil and you basically flip over backwards.

Don't know of I explained this right, but heavy center differential oil creates an uncontrollable wheelie machine in my opinion.

500/500/30k does flips great, tracks straight down the road, and will drift nicely.

-Liberty
500/500 ? Do you run 500 in the front Liberty?

You guys are right. I think it really depends on what you do with your rigs. I jumped on the heavy center diff oil bandwagon when I first got my kraton without really knowing the consequences. I just wanted to put this out there for the new folks. Not everyone needs 100k or more in the center.

Going super heavy in the center differential is said to reduce front tire ballooning. Which it does, but it comes at a cost. It also slows your vehicles ability to accelerate quickly.

For example, with a lighter oil in the center, when you pull full throttle from a stop, the vehicle accelerates. As the happens, weight is transferred to the rear wheels which causes the unloading (lifting) of the front tires. The tires then balloon and bounce off of the ground helping the vehicle to accelerate. When you go to a heavy oil and attempt the same thing, the weight transfers to the rear wheels, front wheels come up off the ground and they stay up there in wheelie mode, so now you have to let off the throttle to bring the front wheels back in contact with the ground so you can regain directional control of the vehicle. So basically, with a lighter oil, you can gun it from a stand still and don't have to let off the throttle. Do this with a heavy oil and you basically flip over backwards.

Don't know of I explained this right, but heavy center differential oil creates an uncontrollable wheelie machine in my opinion.
I have an Outcast/Notorious, so I guess it's what you'd want out of this type of truck. It definitely pays off in the air, but if all you plan to do is bash around in the dirt, grass and asphalt, I'm sure 100 is more than enough in the center. If I had a Kraton, I might stop at 200, but so many of us have started jumping our trucks because it's just so much dam fun.

You explained it right, but I have a Noto and the front wheels aren't meant to be on the ground :LOL:. Even stock they lift easy. If I was worried about speed runs and races I'd run light, but it's not what I'm setting this truck up to do.

My bad that was R/C/F so 500k rear and 30k front. Its going to a full speed build and will have locker spools on all 3 soon enough :)
Posi rear end. I liiiike it! Can't wait for the videos of the burnouts. Any way to get a line lock on there?

I'm running 60/200/30 in mine. I play around on the track as well as some bashing. I'm trying to find the best of both worlds , but there are trade offs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back