Felony What batteries are yall running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quinzzypraty

Reaction score
New to hobby and never ran my truck, hobby lobby told me not to get two 6s batteries and run them in parallel because it would overheat and kills my esc from the long run time, is that right? I don’t want just one 6s for balance reasons and assumed I could just go two 6s 5000mh and run it longer. What do yall suggest?

2 X 3s batteries. Welcome to the forum. I myself use Power Hobby batteries

The wires on the ESC might not handle the current. Depends on wire gauge.

You wouldn’t suggest two 6s in parallel?

Unless you have a proper ESC & motor combo that can take it..
Plus a rig that's been built for that much power...

Someone's playing a joke on you ,for suggesting that.

You wouldn’t suggest two 6s in parallel?
You could do it, but the run time would be so long I don’t see any way it wouldn’t overheat badly. 2x3s if you want it balanced, run in series not parallel.
Also, bear in mind that the Arrma 6s wiring setup is a series setup if running two LiPo’s. So if you used the factory setup and threw in two 6s batts you’d be feeding your ESC 12s and would get to witness quite the smoke show.
Welcome to the forum!

I ordered a pair of CNHL Gseries 4s 6000 MaHs for my speed runner recently and when they came in, I was at first disappointed. They were weirdly shaped and the pic made them appear the usual shape. Didn't help that I didn't read the dimensions either. Was going to return them until I had an epiphany.
At their widest, they are still less wide as two side by side 4s batteries and when stacked they are not as high as the width of 2 normal 4s batteries. So I'm keeping them and choosing to just say I'm brilliant and thought of another way to add to the lower center of gravity concept I'm running on my speed run build.
20231218_090037.jpg
20231218_090244.jpg
20231218_085948.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back