Differential outdrive replacement help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKid

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I need to replace the outdrive and CVD drive shaft on one of the front wheels of my Kraton. Somehow the drive shaft came out and caused some damage. Am I going to need diff fluid?

Is this a good time to do anymore work on the diff? What? Thanks guys

Whenever opening up a diff to change fluid or an outdrive cup, it’s always a good idea to change the bearings if they haven’t been already.
Also if you remove those little shims/spacers right behind the pillar balls and screw them in tight to the arms, your cvd’s won’t pop out anymore.

I have not changed the bearings in the diff yet. I do have the Fast Eddy bearing kit. I would believe this kit has them.

I have not changed the bearings in the diff yet. I do have the Fast Eddy bearing kit. I would believe this kit has them.
It certainly should

Do you know the diff fluid that is in the front?

Do you know the diff fluid that is in the front?
Stock front and rear is 10k. I'd suggest going 30k rear and 50k front. Stock center is 100k. I like 500k but you can go a little lighter if you want. 100k is too thin.

Stock front and rear is 10k. I'd suggest going 30k rear and 50k front. Stock center is 100k. I like 500k but you can go a little lighter if you want. 100k is too thin.
Thanks I will try these. I just ordered the different fluids.

I can typically reuse the gaskets, but you might want to pick up a set of diff gaskets. Just in case one is damaged.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back