Kraton Diffs always dry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I think you just run way more batteries through your truck than the average person and it's just wearing normally. How many packs are you getting before you need to replace the gears? Ask Arrma what lube to use and then run that, the rest of this stuff is probably wrong.

What is the lifetime in hours of parts like those?

I honestly had probably 50 packs thru my sets of diffs until the Sunday Funday event where I broke both chassis and ruined them. I have bought sets of diffs from JRC to have on hand and they have so far collected dust. It’s nice to have them for fluid changes to compare, but that’s the only use mine have ever got. I usually use brake grease just because I had it on hand. I recently bought some Red n Tacky on the advice of others. I’ve only got a few packs on it so far so the jury is out.

Could you try a grease with more viscosity? I use this stuff but haven't looked inside since I greased em up.

https://www.wd40.com/products/true-multi-purpose-grease/
Im putting a thick transparent grease its not silicone grease but almost what arrma puts in the diffs from the factory . I remember after a few runs i still had coat on my diffs going to finish eating and rest a bit because i had an horrible day so far personnal stuff then im going to install both diffs and find clean bearings because i have no way of cleaning them i use wd40 to remove the crap and alcohol to remove the wd40 but everyone are drinking 99% alcohol nawadays nothing at the store i opened the bearings of my hobbystore i ran them twice on winter a bit rusted ont outside but inside greased and same construction as the other bearings but thicc seals and rigid
Honestly, I think you just run way more batteries through your truck than the average person and it's just wearing normally. How many packs are you getting before you need to replace the gears? Ask Arrma what lube to use and then run that, the rest of this stuff is probably wrong.
Has nothing to do at all regreased my front diff 3 days ago because i wanted to check the state of it.It was dry a day after again dry and a tiny bit of plastic powder i use 2-3 4000mah lipos per day of the week
Maybe red n tacky is no good for differentials idk but so far diffs always dry when i open the diffs

I think all the lubes i tried are junk exept one who never ended up with diff failure it was teh one before i went to the red n tacky but i was using tekjo seals and the grease creamy color because of it the grease is thick but the oil kinda made it liquidish

Going to put an old crown gear and the sloghtly damaged sun gear togueter i have nothing to lose and i can test the grease until i receive the diff next week
I get an automatic answer to call horizonhobby no way to talk to an arrma worker
A bit funny that i still have 8 protek bearings rusted on the outside seals beaten up to hell and they still spin like if they were new and kinds have the same play to the fast eddies ones. Dual sealed bearings might be the standard for me now

Last edited:
Im putting a thick transparent grease its not silicone grease but almost what arrma puts in the diffs from the factory . I remember after a few runs i still had coat on my diffs going to finish eating and rest a bit because i had an horrible day so far personnal stuff then im going to install both diffs and find clean bearings because i have no way of cleaning them i use wd40 to remove the crap and alcohol to remove the wd40 but everyone are drinking 99% alcohol nawadays nothing at the store i opened the bearings of my hobbystore i ran them twice on winter a bit rusted ont outside but inside greased and same construction as the other bearings but thicc seals and rigid

Has nothing to do at all regreased my front diff 3 days ago because i wanted to check the state of it.It was dry a day after again dry and a tiny bit of plastic powder i use 2-3 4000mah lipos per day of the week
Maybe red n tacky is no good for differentials idk but so far diffs always dry when i open the diffs

I think all the lubes i tried are junk exept one who never ended up with diff failure it was teh one before i went to the red n tacky but i was using tekjo seals and the grease creamy color because of it the grease is thick but the oil kinda made it liquidish

Going to put an old crown gear and the sloghtly damaged sun gear togueter i have nothing to lose and i can test the grease until i receive the diff next week

I get an automatic answer to call horizonhobby no way to talk to an arrma worker
A bit funny that i still have 8 protek bearings rusted on the outside seals beaten up to hell and they still spin like if they were new and kinds have the same play to the fast eddies ones. Dual sealed bearings might be the standard for me now
I only mean respect by saying this but I feel like you have very high expectations sometimes and I hope you don't let the smaller details bother you. If the truck runs fine and does what you want it to do then have fun. I truly understand wanting perfection but we can drive ourselves crazy trying to get there. ??

I only mean respect by saying this but I feel like you have very high expectations sometimes and I hope you don't let the smaller details bother you. If the truck runs fine and does what you want it to do then have fun. I truly understand wanting perfection but we can drive ourselves crazy trying to get there. ??
Yeah im kinda of a perfectionist person when it comes to grease when it doesn't do its job and the diff is dry after 3 packs what can i say about it? I expect my diff to survive and stop dying i feel like the new diff after a week was doing amazing no wear nothing but the shim had to wreck the bearing. No worries i understand what you are saying i don't care if i break something when i wreck i broke a shock roden yesterday remplaced it with the stock ones lost the pivot ball on the wreck. But diffs its something else

Yeah im kinda of a perfectionist person when it comes to grease when it doesn't do its job and the diff is dry after 3 packs what can i say about it? I expect my diff to survive and stop dying i feel like the new diff after a week was doing amazing no wear nothing but the shim had to wreck the bearing. No worries i understand what you are saying i don't care if i break something when i wreck i broke a shock roden yesterday remplaced it with the stock ones lost the pivot ball on the wreck. But diffs its something else
Thats true. Diffs aint cheap for sure. I think you could get a 6s truck for more durability one day and have lots of fun.

Thats true. Diffs aint cheap for sure. I think you could get a 6s truck for more durability one day and have lots of fun.
The diffs are cheap like 15$ but remplacing them often cost starts to rise up
Maybe one day but for now if i ever get a nee bodel its going to be something 3s not reasy do pull 1000$ in one day in my $ currency

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back