Kraton Direct fit.. even the screws that secure the diff module to the chassis from the bottom go in without a fuss.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MegaModder4

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Gorgon
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Mojave 4s
  6. Senton Mega
  7. Typhon Mega
  8. Infraction 4x4
Direct fit.. even the screws that secure the diff module to the chassis from the bottom go in without a fuss.

20231029_181142.jpg

20231029_181152.jpg

20231029_181315.jpg

20231029_181502.jpg

20231029_183258.jpg

20231029_183308.jpg

Is it normal the shaft doesn't go fully in?

He'll probably have to stretch the OEM driveshaft Spring -to have it forcibly expand more to fully sit it...

Last edited:
Is it normal the shaft doesn't go fully in?
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

My apologies...
Couldn't resist!
I know your's is partially torn down before the install, but overall it looks exceptionally clean!

I see that you have the relief cut in your chassis. That may have helped it fit a lot better than mine. Did you notice the module was tilted up slightly? Or was it sitting flush after securing it with the screws?

After a no screw test fitting in an old broken Outcast v2 chassis & a spare xlwb chassis, I realized that I need to shorten motor wires & possibly a few other things to clean it up a bit. But I may just run with my old motor/ESC setup just to have a blast with the Kraton today!

Last edited:
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

My apologies...
Couldn't resist!
I know your's is partially torn down before the install, but overall it looks exceptionally clean!

I see that you have the relief cut in your chassis. That may have helped it fit a lot better than mine. Did you notice the module was tilted up slightly? Or was it sitting flush after securing it with the screws?

After a no screw test fitting in an old broken Outcast v2 chassis & a spare xlwb chassis, I realized that I need to shorten motor wires & possibly a few other things to clean it up a bit. But I may just run with my old motor/ESC setup just to have a blast with the Kraton l

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

My apologies...
Couldn't resist!

After a no screw test fitting in an old broken Outcast v2 chassis & a spare xlwb chassis, I realized that I need to shorten motor wires & possibly a few other things to clean it up a bit. But I may just run with my old motor/ESC setup just to have a blast with the Kraton today!
Lol, thanks.. it sat flush without the screws.
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

My apologies...
Couldn't resist!

Lol, thanks.. I think the placement of the cutout did help a bit, it sat flush before the screws were put in. Put the assembly In my Typhon which doesn't have a cutout in the chassis, it sat flush but was hard to get back out.

I will be buying a center diff for my 3/4s trucks now. Yeehaw!!
I'll probably grab a few too. The 3s Typhon might live again.

Is there really a difference in the way it drives? I'm tempted to throw one in the granite.
Stock flud was too thin for the Kraton 4s, when I drove it after the initial install the front wheels quickly diffed out.. Couldn't even get it over 43mph(57/15 gearing). After swapping stock fluid for 300k it made a huge difference in speed and hanling, wheelies easily and tops out at 55mph on the same gearing.

Good to know. The stock fluid seemed pretty thick but I guess I'll add a bit of this 500k to the fluid that's already in there. My K4s is a bit heavy with the rcMadLabz chassis protector & bigger tires. So much that in running a 12t pinion but she still gets close to 50mph.

Good to know. The stock fluid seemed pretty thick but I guess I'll add a bit of this 500k to the fluid that's already in there. My K4s is a bit heavy with the rcMadLabz chassis protector & bigger tires. So much that in running a 12t pinion but she still gets close to 50mph.
Yeah, the stock fluid was pretty thick.. I wonder what weight they used.

Not trying to derail the thread but what are those rcmadlabz protectors made out of?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back