Discharge rate on lipo batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrmahelpmeplease

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
Hello,
Im deciding on what battery to get for my infraction v2. I don't know if i should take a battery with 50c or 100c. Does it make a difference? Is the car faster with one and slower with the other?
Cheers

Yes, generally speaking, higher C ratings will provide more power.

The truth of the matter is that C ratings are a bit of a misnomer. There is no industry standard and each manufacturer/retailer lies about C ratings to garner more sales. So when comparing ratings from one brand to another you won't have an accurate gauge to go by. If you really want to delve into the truth there are links that we the community can provide. Otherwise just find a reputable brand that fits your budget.

Everyone will chime in with a brand they prefer. There are several trustworthy brands to choose from. I prefer SMC. SMC has a long history of providing quality batteries that provide high power with a long life for a very decent price.

This forum thread will give you the gist of which brands to trust. And this thread from 2021 with the same information.

Last edited:
Yes, generally speaking, higher C ratings will provide more power.

The truth of the matter is that C ratings are a bit of a misnomer. There is no industry standard and each manufacturer/retailer lies about C ratings to garner more sales. So when comparing ratings from one brand to another you won't have an accurate gauge to go by. If you really want to delve into the truth there are links that we the community can provide. Otherwise just find a reputable brand that fits your budget.

Everyone will chime in with a brand they prefer. There are several trustworthy brands to choose from. I prefer SMC. SMC has a long history of providing quality batteries that provide high power with a long life for a very decent price.

This forum thread has been around for awhile and will give you the gist of which brands to trust.
Thank you for clearing that up for me 😊. Will definitely check out SMC batteries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back