How discharge faster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soheilmd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
Ive have 11000mah 4s lipos that i use for my kraton 8s, but sometimes the planned ride doesn’t happen and i have to discharge the lipos to storage voltage.
DischarGing them with the standard charger takes ages sometimes so long that the charger stop discharging after so many hours and i have to start disharing again. Is there a faster way to discharge?

Ive have 11000mah 4s lipos that i use for my kraton 8s, but sometimes the planned ride doesn’t happen and i have to discharge the lipos to storage voltage.
DischarGing them with the standard charger takes ages sometimes so long that the charger stop discharging after so many hours and i have to start disharing again. Is there a faster way to discharge?

Check out the ISDT FD 200 or the Sky RC BD 250

Thank you, they look good. Some one advised me to use car light bulbs to discharge lipos in combination with lipo alarms to make sure not to drain the to much.

That would work but the ISDT & Sky RC dischargers would be much faster .
And they stop at the right voltage. No risk of going too low.

Thank you, they look good. Some one advised me to use car light bulbs to discharge lipos in combination with lipo alarms to make sure not to drain the to much.
Do you really want to take on that risk? Leave it too long and you have a ruined, potentially-dangerous battery.

Last edited:
What's your budget?

My icharger and diy resistor bank setup can discharge at 45amps on 6s.

Other than that most of what's available on the market is only capable of 200-400watts max. Which is still a good amount.

With a charger that can run a resistor type bank on the second channel, you can discharge as a very high rate while controlling the cutoff voltage.

What's your budget?

My icharger and diy resistor bank setup can discharge at 45amps on 6s.

Other than that most of what's available on the market is only capable of 200-400watts max. Which is still a good amount.

With a charger that can run a resistor type bank on the second channel, you can discharge as a very high rate while controlling the cutoff voltage.
Have not really set a budget but don't wanna go crazy. Just bought two Max5 g2 combo.
Have you more info about your diy setup?

Have not really set a budget but don't wanna go crazy. Just bought two Max5 g2 combo.
Have you more info about your diy setup?
Biggest expense if you don't already have a capable charger, would be that.

I made my discharger based off of the attach YT link. Depending on your chargers capabilities, I was able to make a 1200w discharge bank, even though my charger is capable of 2000w per channel. This setup allows me to more or less discharge a full 8000mah 6S battery to storage in less than 10mins.

Other than this method, there are only 3 or 4 other dischargers. Everyone just rebrands and require you to use their own specific charger.

The skyrc 250w and the isdt fd200 are the only stand alone dischargers I know of. Wattage isn't great, but both of them are well setup and fairly easy to use. I have the FD200 and used it quite a bit, it's worked very well for me and looks nice. Just take a while.

20240306_145204.jpg

Biggest expense if you don't already have a capable charger, would be that.

I made my discharger based off of the attach YT link. Depending on your chargers capabilities, I was able to make a 1200w discharge bank, even though my charger is capable of 2000w per channel. This setup allows me to more or less discharge a full 8000mah 6S battery to storage in less than 10mins.

Other than this method, there are only 3 or 4 other dischargers. Everyone just rebrands and require you to use their own specific charger.

The skyrc 250w and the isdt fd200 are the only stand alone dischargers I know of. Wattage isn't great, but both of them are well setup and fairly easy to use. I have the FD200 and used it quite a bit, it's worked very well for me and looks nice. Just take a while.

View attachment 353883
Thank you for the info.

I have the following chargers:
HTRC T400 PRO, HTRC C240 duo and the RC Plus cube 4x 100W

Thank you for the info.

I have the following chargers:
HTRC T400 PRO, HTRC C240 duo and the RC Plus cube 4x 100W
I'd say it might be best to get a stand alone discharger then. The isdt fd200 is the most compact, but requires an app to get all the use out of it. Skyrc 250 is higher wattage and stand alone. But costs more.

Cheapest option would be making that resistor bank in the video I linked. But doesn't have a controlled cutoff as a stand alone.

I'd say it might be best to get a stand alone discharger then. The isdt fd200 is the most compact, but requires an app to get all the use out of it. Skyrc 250 is higher wattage and stand alone. But costs more.

Cheapest option would be making that resistor bank in the video I linked. But doesn't have a controlled cutoff as a stand alone.
The lack of a controlled cut off is very important . The ISDT app is free on the app store ( its a bit glitchy but works most of the time ) you can use it without the app. The sky RC has a PC app which works very well .

The lack of a controlled cut off is very important . The ISDT app is free on the app store ( its a bit glitchy but works most of the time ) you can use it without the app. The sky RC has a PC app which works very well .
This is true. Thus why I only run it through my charger.

Almost picked up the skyrc 250, but read a few bad reviews that swayed me away. Guess I'll give it a shot. Chargers and dischargers have really put me down a rabbit hole. Could have gotten a kraton 8s at this point. 😫

I think at this point it's sounding like the fd200 or skyrc 250 is the best option for the original poster.

This is true. Thus why I only run it through my charger.

Almost picked up the skyrc 250, but read a few bad reviews that swayed me away. Guess I'll give it a shot. Chargers and dischargers have really put me down a rabbit hole. Could have gotten a kraton 8s at this point. 😫

I think at this point it's sounding like the fd200 or skyrc 250 is the best option for the original poste
Im thinking the same . not everyone has the skills or tools to build there own & the lack of a automatic cutoff could prove costly

Thanks guys, i wil order the FD-200 seems to be the easiest, cheapest and safest way.
My lipos are new and where not cheap. Not risking to destroy them.

Love my isdt 200 and frankly I'm mad at myself for taking almost 2 years to get one. Definitely one of the best things I've bought since joining hobby and it's worth every penny.

I've never even used the app either

Glad it worked out for you. How long is it taking now?
I think it took a fully charged 3s 8000mAh 3s in less than 15 minutes to 3.8v
I don't know how to do the math but as it can be seen on the picture, it discharged with more as 200watt. My charger (HTRC T400) discharges with 10W!

Back