Limitless DMT's Speed Certification Hall Of Fame

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diem Turner

Yes...I have a Premium Member
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Hey everyone,

Taking some queues from @Notorious J, I decided to start making up and handing out Speed Running certificates. I made one yesterday for @joshludden and there appeared to be at least some interest in the idea. Piggybacking off of the "How Fast Did You Go Today?" thread, cutoff will be at 100mph which will be considered the "barrier to entry" as there seems to be a general consensus among those I've spoken to and with that this is where the "switch is flipped". There's a fair amount of backlog to work though as I'll be going down @TN-RC's "Personal Bests of the Forum" list over the next weeks in batches. So, bear with me, this will probably take some time. But I'll get it banged out as fast as I can and, I promise you, faster than someone who is just a little slower than me.

So my idea for a breakdown of certificates goes as follows:

1. Certificates will be given for breaking 100mph followed by 120mph, 130mph, and so forth (130mph Club and so on similar to what they do at ROSSA...just not with hats :)).
  2. Special Bronze, Silver & Gold trophy emblems will be featured on 130mph, 150mph & 170mph certificates.
  3. Special Ruby, Sapphire & Black Diamond emblems will be featured on 180mph, 190mph & 200mph certificates.
So with that said, I'm going to kick off the thread with our first recipient who, either yesterday or today depending on which time zone you're in, broke the 100mph barrier with his Arrma Toe-Cut...I mean Typhon 6S.

Congratulations to @joshludden and I look forward to seeing your numbers rise bro (y) :)
joshludden.png

Last edited:
Great idea!! I certainly like having things to decorate my workshop with, cheeky or not.. Surely these will be a hit! 😎🤙

UPDATE:

In the spirit of fairness and accountability, speeds of 150mph and up will require video validation of the run per the established rules of the "Personal Bests of the Forum". I hope this is amenable to all those involved.

• Extra video rules
  • Make sure the GPS is at 0mph/kph while the car is stationary
  • Once the run is over and the car has stopped moving, show the GPS display clearly
  • Things that can disqualify a pass: failing to show the GPS before the run, or editing any cuts into the video
  • The car must return/be returnable
I've removed the following rule for the purpose of these certificates as cell count and wiring are not relevant to what speed you achieved.
  • Show you cell count by showing clear battery markings or by showing the wire count on your balance plug (will have n+1 wires for LiPo with n cells). Make sure to clearly show series/parallel wiring harnesses if running multiple batteries
Great idea!! I certainly like having things to decorate my workshop with, cheeky or not.. Surely these will be a hit! 😎🤙
Thanks bruv, I appreciate the kind words :)

UPDATE:

In the spirit of fairness and accountability, speeds of 150mph and up will require video validation of the run per the established rules of the "Personal Bests of the Forum". I hope this is amenable to all those involved.

• Extra video rules
  • Make sure the GPS is at 0mph/kph while the car is stationary
  • Once the run is over and the car has stopped moving, show the GPS display clearly
  • Things that can disqualify a pass: failing to show the GPS before the run, or editing any cuts into the video
  • The car must return/be returnable
I've removed the following rule for the purpose of these certificates as cell count and wiring are not relevant to what speed you achieved.
  • Show you cell count by showing clear battery markings or by showing the wire count on your balance plug (will have n+1 wires for LiPo with n cells). Make sure to clearly show series/parallel wiring harnesses if running multiple batteries

Thanks bruv, I appreciate the kind words :)
I am beyond excited, hopeful & most of all thankful for all of the time & knowledge my peeps have given me thru this!!🥰😃🤘 Never would have gotten to this point without all of you, wait, sounds like an Oscar speech 🤔 But in all honesty, I'm quite honored 🤩🤩120 here I come!

Hey everyone,

Taking some queues from @Notorious J, I decided to start making up and handing out Speed Running certificates. I made one yesterday for @joshludden and there appeared to be at least some interest in the idea. Piggybacking off of the "How Fast Did You Go Today?" thread, cutoff will be at 100mph which will be considered the "barrier to entry" as there seems to be a general consensus among those I've spoken to and with that this is where the "switch is flipped". There's a fair amount of backlog to work though as I'll be going down @TN-RC's "Personal Bests of the Forum" list over the next weeks in batches. So, bear with me, this will probably take some time. But I'll get it banged out as fast as I can and, I promise you, faster than someone who is just a little slower than me.

So my idea for a breakdown of certificates goes as follows:

1. Certificates will be given for breaking 100mph followed by 120mph, 130mph, and so forth (130mph Club and so on similar to what they do at ROSSA...just not with hats :)).
  2. Special Bronze, Silver & Gold trophy emblems will be featured on 130mph, 150mph & 170mph certificates.
  3. I'm going to work out a special Diamond certificate for those who are bold enough to break the two century mark.
So with that said, I'm going to kick off the thread with our first recipient who, either yesterday or today depending on which time zone you're in, broke the 100mph barrier with his Arrma Toe-Cut...I mean Typhon 6S.

Congratulations to @joshludden and I look forward to seeing your numbers rise bro (y) :)
View attachment 243748
Nicely done and congratulations to @joshludden on being the inaugural recipient of this well deserved honor 👏 👏

Is everyone going to be included or just recently.
Everyone who went 100mph or faster. @TN-RC was nice enough to provide me with a tidied up spreadsheet of the "Personal Bests of the Forum" and everyone on it will be getting certs for their achieved speeds in accordance with categorization laid out in the original post. :)

Everyone who went 100mph or faster. @TN-RC was nice enough to provide me with a tidied up spreadsheet of the "Personal Bests of the Forum" and everyone on it will be getting certs for their achieved speeds in accordance with categorization laid out in the original post. :)
Great Idea! That's awesome of you to provide this.. props man.

I am ridiculously honored by this. Thanks @Diem Turner and @TN-RC . I think it's a wonderful idea and now I feel motivated to make a 6s pass before winter. Been focusing on 3s only and got all most all the kinks worked out.
Thanks for the kind words brother. I just wanted to recognize the effort and time that people have put into making their rigs go fast and my thanks to everyone for the positive response. If it has the knock on effect of motivating people to work even more at it, then it has already accomplished far more than I had in mind. If I were you, I wouldn't skip over 4S as the power jump from 3S is actually quite a bit more than you expect. But don't let me talk you out of making 6S passes, I just love watching all of you go as fast as physics will allow :)

Thanks for the kind words brother. I just wanted to recognize the effort and time that people have put into making their rigs go fast and my thanks to everyone for the positive response. If it has the knock on effect of motivating people to work even more at it, then it has already accomplished far more than I had in mind. If I were you, I wouldn't skip over 4S as the power jump from 3S is actually quite a bit more than you expect. But don't let me talk you out of making 6S passes, I just love watching all of you go as fast as physics will allow :)
I already gotta spend 🤢🤮 too much on fixing the family car. I guess throwing a couple 4s packs in the mix won't hurt that much more. 🤕
Well, after seconds of contemplating, I think you talked me into it.

Speaking for myself, things like this are HUGE motivational factors! I absolutely love seeing regular folks be kind to each other, share information about setups, actively ENCOURAGE one another, all the while pushing limits of equipment, electronics, aerodynamics, physical ability (or lack thereof in some cases 😅)
& who doesn't love an awesome certificate!!😁🥰🥰🤘

I already gotta spend 🤢🤮 too much on fixing the family car. I guess throwing a couple 4s packs in the mix won't hurt that much more. 🤕
Well, after seconds of contemplating, I think you talked me into it.
I'm really not trying to get you to spend more money. I had the same experience you did with the 3S challenge. It has been amazing for learning how to get the most out of a particular power envelope and I think it helps to keep your car alive longer. After seeing what can be done on 3S, it has brought 6S power into a new perspective for me. After seeing Tony Ingalls hit 152mph on 4S in his Infraction, it definitely inspired me to continue on a path of gradual power increments. I'll move to 6S after 4S because I don't want to buy 2S (to mix with 3S) or 5S packs. I have everything I need for 6S, 7S and 8S but at this point the idea of running 8S has moved so far into the distance I don't even think about it. I always found 8S to be a scary amount of power before...now it just seems insane :LOL:
Speaking for myself, things like this are HUGE motivational factors! I absolutely love seeing regular folks be kind to each other, share information about setups, actively ENCOURAGE one another, all the while pushing limits of equipment, electronics, aerodynamics, physical ability (or lack thereof in some cases 😅)
& who doesn't love an awesome certificate!!😁🥰🥰🤘
Truth brother. Love ya ✌️

We have our next batch of certifications for those who have broken 100mph.

Congratulations go out to: @chris adams @abracing @bashingpumpkins @Turbobrick @Jerold @Sequest82 @GMballistic @jhunter @Hammer Down @ABabyEater and last, but not least, @LibertyMKiii !!!

Edit: If the user jhunter changed his name, someone please let me know so I can update the post and certificate. Thx :)
View attachment 243938View attachment 243939View attachment 243940View attachment 243941View attachment 243942View attachment 243943View attachment 243944View attachment 243945View attachment 243946View attachment 243947View attachment 243948
Thanks Homie! I’ll hang mine in the shop with pride. 👍

Ps, maybe next season I’ll get back on that horse and ride off into the 120+ sunset.. 😎

Man I'd love one of these! I've so far broken 100 with multiple cars, 110, 120 with Limitless and SWB Typhon, 130, 140 and 150 with my Limitless. I'm listed on the speed run list for all and here's my channel with all my videos for conformation
https://youtube.com/channel/UCyem5aIkTlhlqHjhOQvnJHQ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back