Granite Need help! How do you reset a brushed 550 mega and the esc cause I have steering but I don’t get any throttle or reverse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterCrete4

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Gorgon
  3. Granite
  4. Granite Grom
  5. Granite Mega
  6. Kraton 8S
  7. Kraton 6s
  8. Kraton EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Talion EXB
  11. Typhon 3s
  12. Typhon 6s
Help I didn’t change anything I use the battery it comes with them the Minh 8.4 and it’s run like 3 times now it has no throttle and reverse but the steering is fine getting plenty of battery

IMG_8826.jpeg

Help I didn’t change anything I use the battery it comes with them the Minh 8.4 and it’s run like 3 times now it has no throttle and reverse but the steering is fine getting plenty of battery

View attachment 330780

Double check your motor connectors ,maybe disconnect and reconnect them just to confirm it's on nice-n-tight..
Also its soldering joints.

Did you drive it through water?

Pretty much all the above posts should get you in the right direction. Make sure the Lipo/ Nim ESC Jumper is still in place correctly. And not lost. Confirm Throttle Endpoint calibration. Try disconnecting the Streerng Servo from the Rx., then try the Throttle again.
>>>Short of that, You may simply have a bricked ESC. Common with these. Even with little use. The Mega electrics are the cheap Arrma goods.
HH will replace it for 2 years with a receipt, if you email through Cust Service. You are not alone.
Save your $coin$ now and consider upgrading to BLX and Lipos at some point.
Most that haphazardly get the Mega's, end up paying to go brushless anyway. $Upgrading$ All the electrics and the Drivetrain to suit.
You can stay with Brushed motors and buy a better HW "Brushed ESC". One other option. Its all about your wallet now. Your call.

Last edited:
Double check your motor connectors ,maybe disconnect and reconnect them just to confirm it's on nice-n-tight..
Also its soldering joints.

Did you drive it through water?
No I didn’t drive in water and all the connections are tight nice and tight! Lol sucks the trucks been used twice

^^^ Like I said above you are not alone. Sucks, just don't feel bad. Not your direct fault. This may be your first RC breakage, but wont be your last.
The Mega ESC's can fail very early. I seen one guy and his Mega ESC was basically DOA out the box. A few Thr pulls on the bench and it self bricked.
This crap just happens.
Warranty the Mega ESC for free, or buy a $whole$ BLX setup, lipo's, charger and all.
If you are ok with the slower speeds of the Brushed setup, just get another same ESC under warranty. What I would do initially.
Then save your coin for a while, and consider going BLX at some point down the road.
Maybe even consider just buying a whole new 3s Lipo/BLX 4x4 instead. Might be more practical.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back