Does anyone have diagnostic suggestions for my Kraton issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finally got some more investigating done with the servo and I’m pretty sure this is the issue. Looks like I think this thing fried. 🤷‍♂️🤨

BC42FBF6-2130-4FF8-8774-56E6230E3996.jpeg

Setting end points on servos can avoid LOTS of headaches with popping servos. Call me crazy, but if end points are set correctly then the stock servos will last a lot longer... The SLT3 manual has the steps. Setting end points is critical in prevent the servo from overdriving itself at the ends of its travel and therefore causing too much current draw, which will pop FETS and all sorts of components on servos.

Screenshot 2022-12-23 111741.png

Setting end points on servos can avoid LOTS of headaches with popping servos. Call me crazy, but if end points are set correctly then the stock servos will last a lot longer... The SLT3 manual has the steps. Setting end points is critical in prevent the servo from overdriving itself at the ends of its travel and therefore causing too much current draw, which will pop FETS and all sorts of components on servos.

View attachment 264539
That’s honestly probably what happened. I didn’t know anything about setting end points before a couple days ago. Lol. I’ve watched a couple videos on how to do it and when I get my new servo in I’ll be setting them. 😁😁

There is a not too famous RC youtuber that has a plastic/rubber finger cover put on his right thumb. he s got absolutely ducking amazing tips. In one video, where he changes the servo, he shows how Arrma servos are hitting the side of the waterproof receiver box out of factory. If you don't set your endpoints you re stressing/burning down your servo from your first steering.

Btw!!! Very careful when you order your new servo, Arrma 25T servo hardly goes onto 25T spline servos so better buy the Kimbrough or smth like that its called.

Another thing to watch out for what Amps the servo operates and what your ESC can deliver(check my posts :'( )

At least try and buy smth thats 30kg and max .12s on 6-7.4v

New servo showed up today. Got it installed. Only issue I came across was that I had the put the linkage arm on top or the horn.
But holy crap this thing is so my faster than the stock one. I honestly have nothing to compare it to other than the stock one but it’s super quite and super fast. Here’s the specs on the back of the box it came in.

D4E11A1B-E850-4EFA-B5A0-D5F6E573E437.jpeg

5E5BB45F-1353-4CFC-A29C-409D7C1243EF.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back