I think I may have runied my ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SentonRipper

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
So I purchased my Arrma Senton 4x4 Mega 550 Brushed model a couple weeks ago. Been out bashing it around in the snow on a little track I made with some nice jumps and what not. Decided I would upgrade the 8.4V NIMH battery to a SPEKTRUM 7.4V LIPO battery. In the process of doing so I FUDGED UP AND FORGOT TO SWITCH TO LIPO MODE ON THE ESC. Now every time I plug in a battery the ESC blinks red light. When I power it on I get a quick power surge to the wheels. When I turn the remote on I get another power surge to the wheels. Also there is no reverse. And sometimes the throttle will completely stick wide open until powered off on the truck. Have some lights wired up to the rig also, but nothing too crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've already contacted Horizon Hobby just waiting for warranty email. Thanks everyone!! Can't wait to get back out there and rip the Senton again. These things are a blast. 👍👍

I'm not sure warranty covers user error🤷 .Even using the excuse that your new to the game ,it's still the user's responsibility to read manual givin and do some research first . warranty is there to protect the buyer from manufacturer faults..in this case it's your fault .. either way i hope it works out in your favor.👍good luck

Have you tryed to reset your ESC? See if that works 🤷 read manual on how to reset ESC.

Last edited:
I'm not sure warranty covers user error🤷 .Even using the excuse that your new to the game ,it's still the user's responsibility to read manual givin and do some research first . warranty is there to protect the buyer from manufacturer faults..in this case it's your fault .. either way i hope it works out in your favor.👍good luck

Have you tryed to reset your ESC? See if that works 🤷 read manual on how to reset ESC.
I read it and should have known better but just jumped the gun a little and forgot to switch the setting. Just looking for some confirmation that it's the ESC and not something else. Did you watch the video I included with the post?

For starters.
Always have the Remote on when the car is powered on.
Sequence: power on remote, power on car, power off car, power off remote last.
Cars can go berserk and take of full throttle if you don't.
In your case i would suggest:
Reset esc to default.
Reset remote to default.
Calibrate esc.
Calibrate remote.
Of that all works, all is good.
Set endpoints.
Done.
If you can't calibrate esc, it may be defective.

For starters.
Always have the Remote on when the car is powered on.
Sequence: power on remote, power on car, power off car, power off remote last.
Cars can go berserk and take of full throttle if you don't.
In your case i would suggest:
Reset esc to default.
Reset remote to default.
Calibrate esc.
Calibrate remote.
Of that all works, all is good.
Set endpoints.
Done.
If you can't calibrate esc, it may be defective.
Unfortunately I don't think you can recalibrate the Remote or ESC, but I did try re-binding the remote to the truck, but no luck!

Unfortunately, you’re last option might be having to replace the ESC. If that still doesn’t work then you should probably seek help from Arrma, not necessarily a replacement but maybe they can help troubleshoot.
Good Luck!
So I purchased two of these Senton 4x4 Mega Brushed trucks. I unplugged the ESC from the one I'm having trouble with and plugged the ESC in from the other one and it seems to function properly. The other truck is the exact same model, just white and blue instead of black and red. Bought it for my girlfriend so she could play too. Luckily it hasn't seen as much action as mine, so I switched the battery mode to LIPO before I end up messing something up on that one too!! She has only ran it twice on the NIMH setting with a LIPO battery in it. Lol gotta love being a newb at something. I'll start paying better attention to the details. Should I stop driving in the snow and small puddles/dirt and what not? Pretty sure it's what these things are made for right?!?!

So I purchased two of these Senton 4x4 Mega Brushed trucks. I unplugged the ESC from the one I'm having trouble with and plugged the ESC in from the other one and it seems to function properly. The other truck is the exact same model, just white and blue instead of black and red. Bought it for my girlfriend so she could play too. Luckily it hasn't seen as much action as mine, so I switched the battery mode to LIPO before I end up messing something up on that one too!! She has only ran it twice on the NIMH setting with a LIPO battery in it. Lol gotta love being a newb at something. I'll start paying better attention to the details. Should I stop driving in the snow and small puddles/dirt and what not? Pretty sure it's what these things are made for right?!?!
So in my opinion as long as all of your wires are covered and not exposed you should be fine! I have drove my senton BLX in huge puddles, unfortunately no snow yet but I have had no issues with mine being in water. What I find funny is the trailer for the Senton was actually filmed on a BEACH! And they got multiple shots of it going through water. Have fun and make sure to pay attention to modes.
Side question, the ESC you put in your girlfriends, does it still work on NiMH mode? Just Curious
Good Luck Have Fun! 🤙

I read it and should have known better but just jumped the gun a little and forgot to switch the setting. Just looking for some confirmation that it's the ESC and not something else. Did you watch the video I included with the post?
Sorry .I don't see a video here 🤷

So in my opinion as long as all of your wires are covered and not exposed you should be fine! I have drove my senton BLX in huge puddles, unfortunately no snow yet but I have had no issues with mine being in water. What I find funny is the trailer for the Senton was actually filmed on a BEACH! And they got multiple shots of it going through water. Have fun and make sure to pay attention to modes.
Side question, the ESC you put in your girlfriends, does it still work on NiMH mode? Just Curious
Good Luck Have Fun! 🤙
Ripping in the snow is a blast!! Making little jump sections and berm turns and what not. Feel like a little kid out there. 🤣
So her truck still has the stock ESC in it. I put them side by side, unplugged my ESC and plugged hers into mine, and it seems like it would drive mine completely fine. Which is telling me the ESC is bad in mine. No flashing lights or anything on hers. We will bring it out later and give it a good bashing in the snow!! 🤘 I'll switch it to NIMH and run that battery after the LIPO and let ya know the results. Happy Bashing!!

Back