Does connector type impact ripple voltage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Xmaxx uses EC5 and I'm seeing ripple voltage higher than I'd like.

Could switching to QS8 help reduce ripple voltage or is connector type completely unrelated?

Excellent question! I'm game to learn something here as well!.. my sneaking suspicion is no, but I've never once tested it, looking forward to the replies..

I don't beleive it has any noticeable effect but oddly enough added resistance can reduce ripple, the EC5 probably has a higher resistance under load and might actually be slightly better 😆.

You may need extra capacitors to reduce the ripple.

My simple logic is yes. Longer battery wires increase ripple voltage. Longer wires have a higher electric resistance. The EC5s resistance is higher than qs8 resistance. I don't now their internal resistance rating, otherwise you could tell how big that impact would actually be.

I may even remember castle saying that their cap pack equalizes 15cm of battery wire length.
Could be obvious but: lower the gearing, shorten battery wires, add a cap pack and add better connectors to lower the ripple voltage.

I don't beleive it has any noticeable effect but oddly enough added resistance can reduce ripple
I think the effect would not be noticeable either.
But how would added resistance reduce ripple?? By reducing the vehicle performance and reducing overall stress on the electronics?

Back