Infraction Drift bashing during winter months. Tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Winter tires

I am no novice with the Infraction 6S v1 very comfortable bashing/drifting at full power with control. I found out quickly today why I stopped doing it in the cooler months.

Today was an unusually nice day, 74F, but the ground is not as hot as it would be in the summer. After two full battery pack runs, the tires just would not hook up. I was running the stock Hoon white. Yes, there were warm (not hot) but not hooking.

Not a fan of the GRP and I think Proline or some others make an Infraction tire. What are you all running if you are drift-bashing the Infraction 6S in the winter?

Heat in the south in the summer tires stick like glue, but winter is frustrating it's like driving on ice at times.

Put something like a mini pin on it. Won't last long but it'll hook:

Screenshot_20230301-122728.png

Winter tires

I am no novice with the Infraction 6S v1 very comfortable bashing/drifting at full power with control. I found out quickly today why I stopped doing it in the cooler months.

Today was an unusually nice day, 74F, but the ground is not as hot as it would be in the summer. After two full battery pack runs, the tires just would not hook up. I was running the stock Hoon white. Yes, there were warm (not hot) but not hooking.

Not a fan of the GRP and I think Proline or some others make an Infraction tire. What are you all running if you are drift-bashing the Infraction 6S in the winter?

Heat in the south in the summer tires stick like glue, but winter is frustrating it's like driving on ice at times.
I am slightly south of Memphis and was out bashing today. My white hoons were horrible grabed another car with grp s4 and much better.

I know you mentioned not liking GRP, but I think a soft GRP compound is your best bet.

Although I do not want to, I will my Man. The video I linked below was the newer hardest GRP XM7. I might find the newer generation of GRPs better than the older one.

Thx
Sure you got all 4 spinning together?

Yes Sir...old pro at it so far, thx (y)

I am slightly south of Memphis and was out bashing today. My white hoons were horrible grabed another car with grp s4 and much better.

Thx Boss....glad to know I am not alone although I would want you to have as much fun as me. I will look into the GRP XM7

I times started the video where he is testing the newer GRPs

I'm gonna try grey hoons next. I killed some white hoons with two 6s runs and two 4s runs. Have a set of GRP's ready to go also.

Let me know how the GRPs go. This time of year I would need the softer Hoons since the ground is not hot

Try the proline toyos on the stock Arrma rims. They don’t smoke like Hoons but they have twice the traction. The other option that I use in my V1 is to run it in the sweep RC foam tires made for colder temps. The softest ones are made for the cold. Although they are More fragile they will hook up better than anything else. I run mine on 8S and n when it is cold absolutely nothing hooks up like foam tires. Again they won’t last as long but they are unmatched as far as traction goes.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back