Big Rock BR6s on 4s for the winter ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leakywellie

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Big Rock 6s on a 4s lipo? Just wondering how it might run because the 4s lipos are just about half the cost of the 6s.
Right now and for the next few months it's way too icy to get much grip here in Alberta. I'm running my truck on 6s but only at 50% power because there is no grip. Higher power setting just means more wheel spin. So I'm toying with the idea of getting a couple of 4s for the winter running.
Any thoughts?

Look at it this way. On a clay race track every single 6s would get better lap times on 4s. I've done it on nice clay tracks. Esp the Senton 6s and the Typhon 6s. Yeah man totally fine to run the 6s line of cars on 4s. For ramping its also a bit easier to if you don't care about backflips, it seems to be much more poised and controllable. Personally I don't change the pinion, my hole purpose of moving to 4s is to make it less crazy.

Instead of buying two 4S packs, I would buy one 6S pack and run it at 50-60%. Then in the summer you can run 6S again.

Thanks guys, I can pick up three 4s 5500 lipos for the same cost as one of these so called smart 6s g2 batteries that I have. At least I'd get three runs and if I switch to 100% power I'd get similar performance and wheel slip in these icy conditions and not worry too much about damaging a much cheaper lipo running in our winter conditions. That would save my expensive 6s lipos for the spring, summer season.
Cheers

Thanks guys, I can pick up three 4s 5500 lipos for the same cost as one of these so called smart 6s g2 batteries that I have. At least I'd get three runs and if I switch to 100% power I'd get similar performance and wheel slip in these icy conditions and not worry too much about damaging a much cheaper lipo running in our winter conditions. That would save my expensive 6s lipos for the spring, summer season.
Cheers
I definitely support your decision there those smart batteries are not worth the extra coin at all imo.

Obviously you should buy 2 non-smart 6S batteries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back