Kraton Drivers side has mega play whereas passenger does not. Can someone explain/help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Notorious
M2c pivot ball inserts on both sides, yet only one has this play. I think it’s at the bolt but I took it out and it seems straight.play existed prior to upgrades

I don’t know how else to post videos, sorry. Mods if there’s a better way I’m all ears.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vpt668GroPy36Vsr5

Last edited:
First:
>Tighten the RH Upper Arm hinge Pin more.
Yeah too much slop for sure...
Could be something else. Makes sure the bulkhead is aligned correctly. Blocks are all in place, etc. But first tighten the Hinge Pin better if possible. I notice the same with all my 6S Arrma rigs. I tighten as needed. Works most of the time. Sometimes simply Arm wear or damage causes this. And Arrma's don't have the best precision in general, when new.
Are these all fairly new OE parts? Any Upgrades? Beside M2c..
:cool:

Last edited:
First:
>Tighten the RH Upper Arm hinge Pin more.
Yeah too much slop for sure...
Could be something else. Makes sure the bulkhead is aligned correctly. Blocks are all in place, etc. But first tighten the Hinge Pin better if possible. I notice the same with all my 6S Arrma rigs. I tighten as needed. Works most of the time. Sometimes simply Arm wear or damage causes this. And Arrma's don't have the best precision in general, when new.
Are these all fairly new OE parts? Any Upgrades? Beside M2c..
:cool:
I’ve tightened the HP to the point wher if I turn it more I’ll break it, strip something, or round the head. I’ve had the whole assembly off recently for service and upgrades and it was happening before that and now after.

Maybe you’re on to something re: arrma parts. I’m tempted to grab a new arm and see if it changes things around.

It’s got m2c bell crank, center and outdrive shafts, primal steering, new bearings and some other things on the way. The rig is 3 years old with mixed use (heavy then none then heavy again)

Last edited:
plastic shims on upper swing arm can become crushed if overtightened. That may be your problem. squished or missing shims. mine are pretty sloppy too.

Metal Shim if it won’t tighten, but a couple decent rough landings on an 30lb rig and the composite assembly will be there again. Not a race buggy

you sure you tightened the m2c insert thingie enough?

Metal Shim if it won’t tighten, but a couple decent rough landings on an 30lb rig and the composite assembly will be there again. Not a race buggy
Yeah it's hard to get much precision with these Arrma's.
Even with upgrade parts added.
Just try to keep your Castor adjustment equal with both Upper arms. However you do it.

After watching the vid I’d say that upper arm is just waller’d out.. must have took a hit that stretched the tolerance out. I’d try replacing that arm and see if it gets better.

So I have had a shock tower wallow out the hole for the pin on one side after a crash and replaced a set of shock towers because of this damage. Take a look at the play in the hole in the shock tower were the pin goes in and see if its sloppy. I used a piece of plastic straw and CA glue to fill the slop till my new towers came. Might not be the problem but might be worth looking at.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back