Granite Duratrax MT 2.8 Belted tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rporonga

Reaction score
My old tires in the granite keep getting unglued and are starting to rip at the rims. In order to reduce ballooning and not not having to deal with glue I bought a set of Duratrax MT 2.8 Belted tires, 14mm hex.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...MIpLP49q3J_wIVvAutBh3wgwdDEAQYAiABEgKG7fD_BwE

The wheels appear to be beadlock, and being belted there should be less balooning.
The issue is that these tires are huge! They are about 1" larger in diameter than the older non belted tires. While both types of wheel are rated 2.8" the beadlock rims are over 3" to make space to clear the screws that hold the tire.
Will these tires work on the Granite 3S blx with the stock 15T pinion and stock plastic gears? Or will they destroy the drivetrain or heat up the electronics?

Those will be fine. I run 2.8 belted Trenchers with no issues
Depending on how you drive, I'm not too sure how beadlocks will hold up. No experience with them other than in my slowies(crawlers). I will say this, if they can come undone from a beadlock in a crawler..........
Then again the bigger beadlocks may be better for all I know.

Thanks for the info. Do you know the diameter of the belted trenchers? These belted Six Pack are over 5" in diameter.

Those will be fine. I run 2.8 belted Trenchers with no issues
Depending on how you drive, I'm not too sure how beadlocks will hold up. No experience with them other than in my slowies(crawlers). I will say this, if they can come undone from a beadlock in a crawler..........
Then again the bigger beadlocks may be better for all I know.

Your running these on a granite? Id love to see it if you have a pic. I've wondered how they look. Looks are important 🤣

Your running these on a granite? Id love to see it if you have a pic. I've wondered how they look. Looks are important 🤣
Not Granite but I run the same 2 8 MT belted Trenchers on both my 1/10 and 1/8 Sentons.
20210103_180506.jpg
20210103_180449_resized.jpg
20210110_212338.jpg
20210110_165724.jpg

The pics with rear mounted tire is the 1/8 Senton. First two are the 1/10th.
Thanks for the info. Do you know the diameter of the belted trenchers? These belted Six Pack are over 5" in diameter.
Listed as 4.87 inches. So about 5

Last edited:
Not Granite but I run the same 2 8 MT belted Trenchers on both my 1/10 and 1/8 Sentons.View attachment 306486View attachment 306487View attachment 306488View attachment 306489

The pics with rear mounted tire is the 1/8 Senton. First two are the 1/10th.

Listed as 4.87 inches. So about 5

I've always loved trenchers. I'm thinking I might go that route for the big rock eventually. Kid has a granite and was talking tires and I thought they'd look good. I know they work well. Just don't know if I wanna fork out the money for his cause the boy loves his donuts in the parking lot next door.

I've always loved trenchers. I'm thinking I might go that route for the big rock eventually. Kid has a granite and was talking tires and I thought they'd look good. I know they work well. Just don't know if I wanna fork out the money for his cause the boy loves his donuts in the parking lot next door.
I find the thread doesn't wear all that fast on asphalt/concrete. Not like knobby tires do at least. Possibly it's because of the wide and flat MT tire profile? Great traction on those surfaces at least.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back