Kraton DX5 Rugged Binding help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no1zeppelinfan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
Hiya, Just installing a DX5 Rugged to my Kratton 6S V5 and it seems to be bound straight away? Is there an actual bind process I should do? Considering it came with the receiver and it seems to be steering etc is it ok apart from doing the trimming etc?

Hiya, Just installing a DX5 Rugged to my Kratton 6S V5 and it seems to be bound straight away? Is there an actual bind process I should do? Considering it came with the receiver and it seems to be steering etc is it ok apart from doing the trimming etc?
Yea I would think so. Just make sure ur setting are where u want. And end points and all that👊

I am, very confusing for a novice lol. Just need to sort the steering, pulling loads to the right, Can anyone tell me how to do the steering trim? Manuals a bit useless :)
If it's pulling really far to the right, you should adjust the servo arm first. Take it off, turn the car on, keep the TX steering wheel center and make sure when you put it back on, it's at as close to 90° as possible to the servo

There are three types of steering adjustment on the DX5 TXs - sub trim (in the menu), regular trim (B switch) and travel (in the menu)

I adjust the sub trim first. This moves the whole range of the servo and so it also affects the travel as well as the trim
E.g. when you set a higher R value, the servo will centre more to the right, increase the travel to the right, and decrease the travel to the left

When I set the sub trim, I ignore the trim (straight line tracking) for the time being and focus on getting equal travel left and right. Doing it this way should also begin to roughly centre the car in a straight line

Once you've gotten equal travel left and right, you should then adjust the regular trim until it tracks perfectly straight

Lastly you can adjust the steering travel (i.e. dual rates/end points) in the menu. Do this by lifting the nose of the car up and adjusting until each side stops the servo from overstretching and whining when you full lock L or R. It's easier to just adjust both L & R at the same time. L & R values might not even need to be different as you've already set an equal travel when you did the sub trim 👌

It's a lot to take in but I hope this helps 🤣

Last edited:
If it's pulling really far to the right, you should adjust the servo arm first. Take it off, turn the car on, keep the TX steering wheel straight and make sure when you put it back on, it's at as close to 90° as possible to the servo

There are three types of steering adjustment on the DX5 TXs - sub trim (in the menu), regular trim (B switch) and travel (in the menu)

I adjust the sub trim first. This moves the whole range of the servo and so it also affects the travel as well as the trim
E.g. when you set a higher R value, the servo will centre more to the right, increase the travel to the right, and decrease the travel to the left

When I set the sub trim, I ignore the trim (straight line tracking) for the time being and focus on getting equal travel left and right. Doing it this way should also begin to roughly centre the car in a straight line

Once you've gotten equal travel left and right, you should then adjust the regular trim until it tracks perfectly straight

Lastly you can adjust the steering travel (i.e. dual rates/end points) in the menu. Do this by lifting the nose of the car up and adjusting until each side stops the servo from overstretching and whining when you full lock L or R. It's easier to just adjust both L & R at the same time. L & R values might not even need to be different as you've already set an equal travel when you did the sub trim 👌

It's a lot to take in but I hope this helps 🤣
Thanks so much, Yas. It's causing me to adjust the wheel when driving to turn left by about 3mm or so, so not massive, I'll have a go later and let you know. Thanks again.

I didnt have any trouble with it.. I thought it was pretty step by step.. Very informative
I must be thick lol. E.g. want to assign a button to say turn on the lights on my roc, can it be done? If so it doesn’t explain in plain English how to do it. Try gonna be trial and error I think :-(

I must be thick lol. E.g. want to assign a button to say turn on the lights on my roc, can it be done? If so it doesn’t explain in plain English how to do it. Try gonna be trial and error I think :-(
Yes, it can be done. However, you'll need a receiver controlled switch, like this one here:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...7hfenQsHLJCRUfUchoCwAkQAvD_BwE&___store=en_us

Check out my Mojave build. I've fitted a MyTrickRC LED kit that doesn't need this switch. The Dragon DG-1 controller is amazing:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/mojave-exb-kicking-up-snow-video.33163/post-457401

RCGirl explains how to set the aux for LEDs to a switch at 6:20 (but worth watching the entire video):

Come to the conclusion the Spektrum Manual is a pile of useless crap. Is no help at all.
All radio manuals are pretty much that way. It's more intuitive to play and learn your settings from trial and error. Learning the menu and GUI etc. And of course those here at AF will help. All digital upgrade radios have a learning curve. Because they are feature ladened. A plus. RTR radios are lame and limited. Moving up from them to decent digital radio sets usually gets one frustrated in the beginning. You are not alone.

All radio manuals are pretty much that way. It's more intuitive to play and learn your settings from trial and error. Learning the menu and GUI etc. And of course those here at AF will help. All digital upgrade radios have a learning curve. Because they are feature ladened. A plus. RTR radios are lame and limited. Moving up from them to decent digital radio sets usually gets one frustrated in the beginning. You are not alone.
Your so right mate. I will have a play and learn what I can the weekend as well. There’s a few videos on YouTube for the DX5. It’s driving straight now, That’s something :) This forum is brilliant for help. So much appreciated, seem a great bunch on here.

I have several radios including the DX5C for years now. There is one video that I found very helpful. It gets into all the features and setup. I don't recall who did it, but it was like a 45 min video. I learned so much from that one particular video after wasting much time on so many others. Keep digging in YT.

I have several radios including the DX5C for years now. There is one video that I found very helpful. It gets into all the features and setup. I don't recall who did it, but it was like a 45 min video. I learned so much from that one particular video after wasting much time on so many others. Keep digging in YT.
Thanks, I’ll see if I can find it

Probably these? It takes a long time but he's really thorough so if you'd like to know the ins and outs this is where I learned it from:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Thanks Yas, Whats the bi No 25 on the main screen represent? Mine says 5.
If you're talking about what I think you are, you can check what it means in the menu. Scroll down to "settings", then click "trim" (43:02 in the part 2 video that I linked)

If not, could you take a picture? I'm at work atm

If you're talking about what I think you are, you can check what it means in the menu. Scroll down to "settings", then click "trim" (43:02 in the part 2 video that I linked)

If not, could you take a picture? I'm at work atm
Will do, thanks . Gonna be out for a few hours then I'll watch those videos later this evening, let you know if anything has sunk in lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back