Kraton Dx5 rugged to kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessiec

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I just got the dx5 rugged so I could get rid of so many controllers. I'm trying to bind it with my kraton 6s but when doing so after binding my car just goes full throttle. I go through the calibration process and still full throttle. Any ideas on what I can do

Hey everyone I just got the dx5 rugged so I could get rid of so many controllers. I'm trying to bind it with my kraton 6s but when doing so after binding my car just goes full throttle. I go through the calibration process and still full throttle. Any ideas on what I can do
Check your throttle trim: make sure it's centered. If that doesn't solve the issue, check your calibration procedure: if you do it out of order, you will get full throttle at the neutral setting (been there, done that). Don't assume you know the procedure by heart: look at the procedure in the manual for your ESC and follow it step by step.

Check your throttle trim: make sure it's centered. If that doesn't solve the issue, check your calibration procedure: if you do it out of order, you will get full throttle at the neutral setting (been there, done that). Don't assume you know the procedure by heart: look at the procedure in the manual for your ESC and follow it step by step.
Everything is zeroed out except braking is +100% I ran through the calibration multiple times and as soon as I touch the throttle it goes full throttle

Which Spektrum receiver are you using - the one that came with the Kraton, or the one that came with the DX5? What is the model number of the Spektrum receiver?

Which Spektrum receiver are you using - the one that came with the Kraton, or the one that came with the DX5? What is the model number of the Spektrum receiver?
The one that came with the kraton. I'll get the model number when I get home

New Kraton EXB or V5? The EXB has an AVC receiver and a different bind process than the standard V5 6S.

It was stated earlier to make sure you have calibrated the ESC, so it knows full throttle, reverses, and center endpoints. Not the same as receiver calibration...this also works the same for Firm ESC in this video

It was stated earlier to make sure you have calibrated the ESC, so it knows full throttle, reverses, and center endpoints. Not the same as receiver calibration...this also works the same for Firm ESC in this video

OK I did this and I have no forward or reverse then out of no where it just goes full throttle

Have you calibrated the TH with the esc and tx!?
Would be in the esc manual!? 😎
Yes I did everything in the manual step by step

That should be the SR315. I asked to make sure the receiver is compatible with the DX5, which is DSMR protocol: the SR315 is DSMR protocol.

New Kraton EXB or V5? The EXB has an AVC receiver and a different bind process than the standard V5 6S.
It's pretty new. I just it a couple months ago

I'm using the one that came with the kraton wich is all Spektrum and it's a sr315

Attachments

• 20240211_193922.jpg
    20240211_193922.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 17
  • 20240211_193937.jpg
    20240211_193937.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
You will have to turn AVC off, I suspect that's the issue.. it's not compatible with the sr315!? 🤔
That makes no sense: AVC is part of the receiver, as is the gyro in other brands. If the receiver doesn't have AVC, there isn't an option to turn it off or on.

Inh is off. On is on

Regardless of what the transmitter says, if the receiver doesn't have AVC built in (i.e. SR315), the option on the transmitter does nothing.
OK so I can rule that one out. I've tried every option and multiple you tube videos and followed the manual instructions on both radio and receiver and same results every time

I had same issue with DX6c and new Kraton BLX 6s v2. It auto calibrates so there is no need to calibrate even with AVC. Not sure if DX5 and your ESC is the same?

OK so I can rule that one out. I've tried every option and multiple you tube videos and followed the manual instructions on both radio and receiver and same results every tim

Morrjr is right. The 315 has no AVC, so it doesn't matter what the radio or transmitter has on it. Those AVC options do not apply but the rig works just fine still.

Do you have another receiver you can pull out of another rig to test to try to eliminate the issue. Or even trying another radio/transmitter?

Post video of what you’re doing, that will be the easiest way to figure out what’s wrong.

Back