Typhon Easy mods - Typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asus127

Reaction score
Evening all

Been using my sons typhon 3s a lot lately as I'm waiting on parts for the kraton. I have to say, it's a really good car.

Bought it second hand so I can understand certain plastics being more brittle. Broke two shocks and the long thin bar above the from arm (sorry, just learning the part names)

Apart from getting the proline shocks, what other upgrades can I do to make the car more durable. We all know kids and maybe adults can go over the top at times lol.

I know the proline shocks are about £60 for a set and I hope it's just the plastic of the original over time losing its original capacity

Jennys RC has Arrma 6S shocks for cheaper, you should check those out.
Top skinny bar is called a camber link. Jennys RC has those also.
I had a Typhon3S not too long ago and I broke waaaaay too many A-arms. I'd get some RPM A-Arms to get the car to live alittle longer.

Cheers dude. I'm from the UK and all I've heard since joining is jennys lol. Either everyone has shares in that company or it's really good 😂

Rpm have been going years, had them on my petrol/nitro cars back in the day. Going to see how the weeks go and work out what parts break more then others

My son driving 😅

Last edited:
Have 2 typhon 3s. Have yet to break an A-arm and we launch ours off a ramp. I did crack chassis in half on one super duper send though but even the chassis was only 8 bucks on Jenny's RC.

IMG_20230525_144944148_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230622_120109821.jpg

@Asus127, Ide say that if you want to break less parts, the first durability upgrade i would do is to throw that terrible terrible spektrum remote you're using. it has so much latency it makes the car undrivable.

As for the car itself, the arms are great, also the shocks, just stock on some shock shafts, it's much much cheaper than replacing the shocks which will break too.

Cheers chaps, appreciate the information.

Just filling a centre diff for a kraton at the moment. Like paint dry waiting for it level out lol

With the 3s platform, I would stay with the stock shocks. They actually are not that bad, very easy to set up/adjust and are more than adequate for the 3s platform. In my Senton 3s, I upgraded to the Hot Racing shocks and will freely admit it was more of a downgrade and waste of money..

With the 3s platform, I would stay with the stock shocks. They actually are not that bad, very easy to set up/adjust and are more than adequate for the 3s platform. In my Senton 3s, I upgraded to the Hot Racing shocks and will freely admit it was more of a downgrade and waste of money..
I would like to disagree partly, I upgraded to 6s shocks and it's day and night. Wayyyy better.

Apart from getting the proline shocks, what other upgrades can I do to make the car more durable.
The stock shocks break easily, and you broke 2, so an upgrade is needed. I would also recommend Arrma shocks over the Prolines. Arrma’s have thicker shock shafts and are less expensive if you buy from Jennie's. More durable, cheaper.

The thin long bar is the turnbuckle and rod ends. The Mojave has beefier rod ends and turnbuckles that will fit a Typhon. I used to bend turnbuckles all the time, the Mojave’s are holding up so far.

I would like to disagree partly, I upgraded to 6s shocks and it's day and night. Wayyyy better.
How are you setting up the shocks? The 6s line of shocks were meant for the heavier 6s platforms. Just curious if you are countering with lighter tension springs and/or lighter oil. I don't dispute they are more durable as it's plastic vs aluminum. Yet durable isnt always an upgrade. May last longer but not function as well, as is the case with my Hot Racing shocks. Yet of all possible shocks made for Arrmas 3s platforms, stock seems best imo simply for its ease of use and functional operation.

I’m in the uk and have ordered from Jennys should be here tomorrow depending on royal snail lol . My order was under any import taxes .

How are you setting up the shocks? The 6s line of shocks were meant for the heavier 6s platforms. Just curious if you are countering with lighter tension springs and/or lighter oil. I don't dispute they are more durable as it's plastic vs aluminum. Yet durable isnt always an upgrade. May last longer but not function as well, as is the case with my Hot Racing shocks. Yet of all possible shocks made for Arrmas 3s platforms, stock seems best imo simply for its ease of use and functional operation.
The Typhon 3s springs are actually stiffer then the Typhon 6s springs. But I wanted stiffer springs then the 3s has, so I went with a Mojave/Talion combo.

This is copied from my built thread:
Stock spring rate of the Typhon 3s and Mega:
Front: 1.00n/mm 70mm
Rear: 0.84n/mm 85mm

The Typhon 6s stock:
Front: ARAC8941 - 70mm M (75.5gf/mm)
Rear: ARAC8948 - 84mm M (56.6gf/mm)

What I have installed:
Front: Shock Springs 70mm 1.13N/mm (Mojave) - ARA330637
Rear: Shock spring 84mm 0.94n/mm (Talion) - AR330501

To consider in the future from the Typhon 6s (but I already see that not all of them are available):
AR330233 SHOCK SPRINGS: 70mm S (67.9gf/mm)
AR330235 SHOCK SPRINGS: 70mm H (75.5gf/mm)
AR330237 SHOCK SPRINGS: 70mm H (84.9gf/mm)
AR330238 SHOCK SPRINGS: 84mm S (52.3gf/mm)
AR330239 SHOCK SPRINGS: 84mm M (56.6gf/mm)
AR330240 SHOCK SPRINGS: 84mm H (61.7gf/mm)

Oil is a matter of trials and error and taste. Is also depending on the geometry. I was happy with the rear shocks with the stock Typhon 3s arms, but I switched to Mojave 4s arms and now the rear suspension is not how I want it to be. I now run 800cst in the front and 600cst in the rear.

Back