Kraton Effective Newbie, what to check on new K8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaylex

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
After many many years away have just taken the plunge on the updated K8s, was thinking 6s but no stock in the UK and want to play this summer with the kids around. sorry for the questions which have been asked a number of times but got lost by the varying answers.
What do I need to check over when this arrives or can I just run it straight out? Recommended spare parts to get in, or upgrades to do? first v overtime?
learning a lot on here, but will take time to get through it all. TIA

I'm also in the UK and got the 8s for the same reason as you. Check to see if all the screws are tight. Order some silicon ear plugs to put in the centre diff, i got them from amazon, this will make the front tyres balloon A LOT less. I upgraded my chassis right away to a just bash it one and have ordered a more powerful servo, just installed a MAX5 esc also.

For you I'd say get the ear plugs in the centre diff and just bash it until something breaks. The stock chassis was known for bending but I'm not sure how they hold up with the new chassis brace/bars etc, I guess you'll find out.

@Batman many thanks for that, checked over, but wasn’t too bothered for centre diff for first few run outs. However destroyed first day so plent y to repair, starting new thread for that to get advice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back