Automatic Bed Leveling on Ender 3 S1 Pro after latest firmware update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeighDay

I came...I saw...I broke it
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Talion EXB
Was wondering if anybody could help me with my issue I seem to be having after performing the latest firmware update. Firmware update went through with no issues during flashing period.

After the update last night I followed my normal steps to set the bed leveling as shown in the official Creality page.

When I ran the Aux level to start the bed leveling process the nozzle was way higher than the print bed, at the point where the print nozzle was over 5 mm away from the print bed not allowing me to set the bed mesh manually. Once I saw this I turned off the printer and added some spacers to the print bed to help raise it just ever so slightly. I ran the Aux level again and it was slightly better with a -4.95mm Z offset. Before the firmware update my Z offset was around -3.95 to -3.85 depending on the filament I was using. I set the bed mesh manually by moving to the 4 corners and using my feeler gauge to get the right distance from the nozzle to the print bed. From there I ran the automatic bed leveling. At the end of the process it returned to its normal position but pushed the bed down significantly to the point where the new z offset was -2.85.

Normally at the end of the automatic bed leveling process the Z offset will be pretty close to where I set it manually through the aux bed leveling process. I have since kept it at -2.85 but fear that if I run the ABL process again I am going to run into the same issues, not being able to reach the print bed with manual adjustment and my extruder slamming into my print bed. I tried this process a couple of more times and it came back with similar results changing my Z offset from anywhere to -2.0 to -2.85. I tried it without the additional spacer and with the original spacers and also get the same result. Was this how it is supposed to be done and I have been doing it wrong the whole time? Hope this makes sense and thanks for reading my long post.

I currently have it @ -2.85 z offset and running a benchy to see how it goes.

Okay.

So the first thing I would do is to run a Reset from the new menu system.
Clear everything out and start factory fresh.

Remove any spacers under the bed and crank the springs on all corners all the way down -locked- and back it out a half turn.

Then do the auxiliary bed leveling and see where it's at.

Let us know and we'll go from there. 👍

Okay.

So the first thing I would do is to run a Reset from the new menu system.
Clear everything out and start factory fresh.

Remove any spacers under the bed and crank the springs on all corners all the way down -locked- and back it out a half turn.

Then do the auxiliary bed leveling and see where it's at.

Let us know and we'll go from there. 👍
I forgot to add that I did run a reset as well multiple times. I will try with the springs to see if that makes any difference. The silicone spacers I had before were working perfect.

Have you tried to reflash the firmware again?
Perhaps something just didn't take correctly??

Assuming the firmware upgrade is for your version of the main board..

Have you tried to reflash the firmware again?
Perhaps something just didn't take correctly??

Assuming the firmware upgrade is for your version of the main board..
Funny you mention that. Did that about an hour ago. Looks like some things didn’t take like being able to adjust the bed mesh now. Still have the issue with the Z offset to start.

image.jpg

Okay.

So the Z-Offset is still at -2.85?

& Did the Benchy print??
benchy came out good.

After reflashing the firmware it now likes the Z offset at -3.9 which is about that it was previous to the firmware update. I’m still just confused on the initial bed leveling why the extruder is so far from the print bed. It’s almost at -5mm away then after the auto bed leveling ir pushed the bed down about 2-3mmm doesn’t seem right. Might just be part of the leveling process now. Idk. 🤷‍♂️

image.jpg

Alright..
Yeah.. that's weird why it did that initially.

So, you think you're good to go now?
Everything else is working normally, yes?

Alright..
Yeah.. that's weird why it did that initially.

So, you think you're good to go now?
Everything else is working normally, yes?
Yes sir. Appreciate your help as always. Going to send the video to Creality and see what they think.

Well I guess it wasn’t all 120.

I think I did 120 print speed which was like
120 infill
100 inner/outer wall
60 first layer.

Haven’t gotten out of bed to check yet I’ll report back when I do lol.

So here's a dumb question..
Anyone know if there is an Easy way to backup the current Firmware & All the custom settings from the mainboard BEFORE I flash it with the new update?

Just in case something goes too fubar-ed..

None that I’m aware of. @Tex Koder what’s your current firmware? I did mine and my friends both processes were slightly different. His is slightly newer.

I'm out of the house at the moment..

But luckily I took a pic of the info settings the other night , just for this >

IMG_20231120_083058996_HDR.jpg

I'm out of the house at the moment..

But luckily I took a pic of the info settings the other night , just for this >

View attachment 333076
Oh 3.0.4 yours should be straight and shoot update. Mine is a little older @ 3.0.3. I tried to go directly to the 3.1.9 and had no luck, so I had to go 3.0.3 to 3.0.4 then go to 3.1.9.
1700591595117.png

Check out this subreddit. Looks like some people have been having issues with the 3.2.0 so most went with 3.1.9. I cant tell any discernable differences from the release notes, and they were released the same day. Might just be languages.

Oh 3.0.4 yours should be straight and shoot update. Mine is a little older @ 3.0.3. I tried to go directly to the 3.1.9 and had no luck, so I had to go 3.0.3 to 3.0.4 then go to 3.1.9.
View attachment 333084
Check out this subreddit. Looks like some people have been having issues with the 3.2.0 so most went with 3.1.9. I cant tell any discernable differences from the release notes, and they were released the same day. Might just be languages.

So after reading through some of the Reddit thread..
I'm not seeming where they mentioned issues with 3.2.0 , do you recall who or where the issues were mentioned so I can see what exactly they are/were..

Just so I know what I'll be facing IF/WHEN I update my FW...

Thank you sir.

PS:
BTW ,I noticed that the 3.2.0 is over 3X the file size as the 3.1.9

Last edited:
So after reading through some of the Reddit thread..
I'm not seeming where they mentioned issues with 3.2.0 , do you recall who or where the issues were mentioned so I can see what exactly they are/were..

Just so I know what I'll be facing IF/WHEN I update my FW...

Thank you sir.

PS:
BTW ,I noticed that the 3.2.0 is over 3X the file size as the 3.1.9
Looks like 2 languages vs 9 languages.

Do the update!!! I do some side jobs printing and it’s increased my efficiency by a significant amount.

That’s one thing about the P1S that I really like. In the commercials on YouTube for Bambu it says something along the lines of “rapid prototyping” and they weren’t wrong about that.

62A8FC6E-F288-4CCB-B851-CDEE0AC51F43.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back