Notorious ESC burning servo and recevier??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henrik

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Got this omg servo and a new tactic recevier. Since the ones in the car both fried. I thought the servo burnt and took the recevier out somehow??‍♂️. Plugged the new servo and recevier in my Blx system and fried them both again.

Whats going on? Is the ESC putting out too much output somehow??

Trying to get in touch with Arrma europe and hope they can help me out. Got a hobbywing Max8 combo to put in the car but have to wait on a new servo and recevier once again??‍♂️?
EE36F406-06D5-4744-9428-E592FEB68FDE.jpeg

There’s a thread here somewhere about that. Call horizon and explain, they will get you a new esc. It’s rare but documented on the forum.

I think is was member @bicketybam who was having his BLX185 taking out his servos. I can’t find the post but it was maybe a year ago or so.
It has happened to me twice but both times the ESC went with it. It's not like I could keep plugging in more servos/receivers. The ESC would fry and take the servo and receiver with it.

I swear I saw someone else have this happen to them as well.

I think the ESC still works, atleast the fan still runs??‍♂️. Anyhow I lost faith in that Blx185 ESC. I just really wanted to see if anyone else have had the same problems. And if Arrma sorted it out for you.

I think the ESC still works, atleast the fan still runs??‍♂️. Anyhow I lost faith in that Blx185 ESC. I just really wanted to see if anyone else have had the same problems. And if Arrma sorted it out for you.
Horizon Hobny gave me a new ESC and a new receiver. They told me tough luck on the servo because it was a Savox. I got it replaced through Savox warranty though.

Horizon Hobny gave me a new ESC and a new receiver. They told me tough luck on the servo because it was a Savox. I got it replaced through Savox warranty though.

Thanks man sounds like there’s hope for some sort of refund. I only had the thing for a month now and it’s already ruining me??. Love your vids man! ??

Just for the record I got the same problem on a Mojave. I fried 3 servos (one new !!), one receiver one fan. It didn't fried my Traxxas receiver.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back