Notorious New Notorious came with 25t servo and black/gray esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Was curious if it would but not expecting it. Nice that they stopped doing the 23t servos. Same esc as the new Big Rock, no orange wires or fan cover which is great. Still a 150a, not sure if they allow more programming options yet.

1000005033.jpg

Got a Hobbystar servo I'll go ahead and install. Also have a spare Max6 and 4082 motor but planning to run stock esc/motor for a while. Got a bunch of essential upgrade parts on the way like aluminum center braces, diff mount, etc.

Will start a build thread soon, looking forward to a lot of fun with this rig!

conan obrien GIF

Starting to see the stealth transition here to the rest of the 6S line, which is good news.

The stock power unit is more than enough for the SWB Outcast/Notorious for general purpose bashing from my experience. I typically bash mine at the skate park and it's been great.

Last edited:
Yeah I was thinking stock power might be enough on this rig. I'll probably go with the HW Max8 combo whenever I do change it out.

Forgive me for my ignorance...
How do you know if it's a new/old one? I looked into ordering one from horizon last week and it said back ordered. I figured they were about to can it for an exb like they did with the kraton. I'd still like to get one but if there's new stuff I'd like to be sure to get that one 😅

My box lists the Spektrum 652 servo:

1000005038.jpg

...and pictures show that servo with the orange esc:
1000005035.jpg

But when I unboxed it I saw the 25t servo horn, 665 servo and gray/blk esc and wires just like the Big Rock.
1000005036.jpg

I ordered mine from Tower and they shipped it from California on Tuesday the 5th. Im guessing all new stock is the new servo/esc. But I guess there is no guarantee right now since the boxes are the same for new stock. 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 336254

View attachment 336255

But when I unboxed it I saw the 25t servo horn, 665 servo and gray/blk esc and wires just like the Big Rock.
View attachment 336253

I ordered mine from Tower and they shipped it from California on Tuesday the 5th. Im guessing all new stock is the new servo/esc. But I guess there is no guarantee right now since the boxes are the same for new stock. 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

I'll be waiting until after Christmas so maybe the Stock will be all to this by then for sure 😁 thanks for the info!

Forgive me for my ignorance...
How do you know if it's a new/old one? I looked into ordering one from horizon last week and it said back ordered. I figured they were about to can it for an exb like they did with the kraton. I'd still like to get one but if there's new stuff I'd like to be sure to get that one 😅
I think I saw yesterday the Notorious in stock on Arrma website not HH. I was looking to see stock on the new 6s EXB Kraton

View attachment 336254

View attachment 336255

View attachment 336253

That's cool tho! 😎
Was curious if it would but not expecting it. Nice that they stopped doing the 23t servos. Same esc as the new Big Rock, no orange wires or fan cover which is great. Still a 150a, not sure if they allow more programming options yet.

View attachment 336226

Got a Hobbystar servo I'll go ahead and install. Also have a spare Max6 and 4082 motor but planning to run stock esc/motor for a while. Got a bunch of essential upgrade parts on the way like aluminum center braces, diff mount, etc.

Will start a build thread soon, looking forward to a lot of fun with this rig!

conan obrien GIF
Cool! Notorious rips some wheelies

I wonder if this means the front flip issue has been resolved. The one where you release the throttle to neutral and there is a bit of built in braking, causing the front end to dive downwards.

I wonder if this means the front flip issue has been resolved. The one where you release the throttle to neutral and there is a bit of built in braking, causing the front end to dive downwards.
I hope so. Last thing I need is a an esc glitch making a stunt truck harder to drive. If thats the case I'll throw my spare Max6 in it until HH resolves the issue.

Here is the tuning adjustments for both the previous orange Firma 150a (top) and the updated grey Firma 150a (bottom) that I received. Im pretty happy to see the extra options, if this thing is durable I'll be running it for a while.

1000005049.jpg

So far I can tell they added drag brake, 6 low voltage cutoffs, and neutral range as new tuning adjustments. Looks like they are listening to the complaints about lack of options.

Make a note of the latest Serial number on the chassis. ( the date code) It is also printed on the outside of the box.
@sumguy75, what was your production date code?
Arrma does rolling unpublished revisions from time to time. All new 6s line productions are getting the new ESC with latest F/W , "slightly" better Servo and 25 spline Spektrum arm/horn. Costs too much to make new box art all the time.

OMG Spektrum is making the jump to 25t servo's hahah HALLELUJAH. Now when I inevitably rip the stock servo out, I don't have to toss a perfectly good aluminum horn in the trash, and then have to dig in my parts box to find a new horn for the servo I am replacing it with.:cool: YupEE!!

Here is the tuning adjustments for both the previous orange Firma 150a (top) and the updated grey Firma 150a (bottom) that I received. Im pretty happy to see the extra options, if this thing is durable I'll be running it for a while.

View attachment 336628

So far I can tell they added drag brake, 6 low voltage cutoffs, and neutral range as new tuning adjustments. Looks like they are listening to the complaints about lack of options.
Have you gotten a chance to run it yet? I want to purchase the V2 ESC, but I'm a little concerned about the braking issue. If it's simply a matter of using the programming card to disable the drag brake, then I'm completely fine with doing that myself.

^^^
Don't absolutely need a Programmer card to change your ESC parameters. but its the best way. Just use the "Set Button" Method if you don't have one.
FWIW, Drag Brake is set to Zero by Default.
Most any ESC is that way out the box. Drag brake is used mostly for Crawlers and some of the Track guys also use it. For bashing, not needed or even necessary for wide open running. And Drag brake would only tax the ESC and Mains Lipo needlessly with fast hard bashing. Works against you.

^^^
Don't absolutely need a Programmer card to change your ESC parameters. but its the best way.
FWIW, Drag Brake is set to Zero by Default.
Most any ESC is that way out the box. Drag brake is used mostly for Crawlers and some of the Track guys also use it. For bashing, not needed or even necessary for wide open running. And Drag brake would only tax the ESC and Mains Lipo needlessly with fast bashing.
Gotcha. Maybe my thinking cap was on too tight, but just based on what people were reporting, it sounded like the drag brake was accidentally set to be active from the factory in these early batch of V2s. I now understand that there's a legitimate issue with the firmware since Spektrum just released the official firmware update.

Who really knows what F/W PIDs were changed??? HH/Spektrum seems to be tight lipped about those things anyway.
I wouldn't overthink it too much.
Just me.:cool:

@sumguy75, what was your production date code?
Production date is September 18th this year.
Have you gotten a chance to run it yet? I want to purchase the V2 ESC, but I'm a little concerned about the braking issue. If it's simply a matter of using the programming card to disable the drag brake, then I'm completely fine with doing that myself.

Will probably be Thursday or Friday when I run it the first time. Tuning guide shows the drag brake set at zero but I still plan to double check the settings before my first run.

You said you have the Spektrum Programmer anyway?
Using the Set button method confuses many sometimes (guilty myself). And you could end up with all the ESC Parameters skewed and jacked up. Just be mindful doing it this way. Don't rush the Set Button method, is all I'm saying. Listen for the Beep Set tones carefully and deliberately.
Enjoy your new Rig there.(y)

Maybe it's fixed. Talked about brake dive fix

Screenshot_20231212_184140_Instagram.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back