Notorious ESC fan broke again and again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heijmasa

Reaction score
Hi,

I have broken the ESC fan on the Notorious (2019 model) now like 5 times and my Kraton v3 ESC fan is still fine (while jumping 3-5 meters high).

Why is this happening only on the Notorious, shorter chassis maybe, so more impact on the ESC fan?

Any tips to avoid this, while this doing jumps?

I busted my outcast one up twice. Not sure how to fix it. Are you running anything to keep debris out of it? If not, might think about trying that. Couldnt hurt to try it!

I busted my outcast one up twice. Not sure how to fix it. Are you running anything to keep debris out of it? If not, might think about trying that. Couldnt hurt to try it!
Don’t think it is debri, as I ride a lot on grass while doing jumps.
Could give it a try...

Odd. I'm still running my original fan in my 2018 model, I've had it for a year. I get 10+ feet of air under mine on a regular basis.
2019-0105-Outcast-Sandwich-jump.jpg

That's only like 6-7 feet.

Odd. I'm still running my original fan in my 2018 model, I've had it for a year. I get 10+ feet of air under mine on a regular basis.
2019-0105-Outcast-Sandwich-jump.jpg

That's only like 6-7 feet.

My kraton v3 is almost 1 year old and doing fine, notorious 2019 3 months old only.

My kraton v3 is almost 1 year old and doing fine, notorious 2019 3 months old only.
Strange that you have the issue on one and not the other. My buddy used to break them on his talion all the time. He would send his to the moon though. I was on 4S at the time... then I went to 6S and air my outcast out pretty good, still no broken fans.

I did break my HW 50mm fan on the motor once so far this year running 6S.

My Notorious fan is strong . My talion fan went on the first battery pack and I only ran the batteries down to 65%. I tried emailing Arrma support but never received a response.

I broke mine twice on my Outcast, both times it was a case of some sort of debris scoring a blade, then a hard impact being the final blow. Now I check for them, and when cleaning I remove the esc fan shroud, and blow out the heatsink under the fan.

My tip is take out the fan and silicone the wires at the solder just a dab. Most of my fans one of the wires always broke free from the solder. Then remove the esc and silicone it to the esc plate. It helps absorb the impacts.

My Notorious fan is strong . My talion fan went on the first battery pack and I only ran the batteries down to 65%. I tried emailing Arrma support but never received a response.
Ive been eating fans on both my Noto and Kraton. I thought it could be fine dirt getting inside the motor. But it could also be hay and other stuff. I think it is mostly hard impacts make my fan bearings break and the blades go lopsided and get stuck, 3 of my four fans went that way. I called Arrma twice and got esc fans No problem. Less than a 3 minute call and 3 days later it arrived. Im trying to source a better fan though.

Ive been eating fans on both my Noto and Kraton. I thought it could be fine dirt getting inside the motor. But it could also be hay and other stuff. I think it is mostly hard impacts make my fan bearings break and the blades go lopsided and get stuck, 3 of my four fans went that way. I called Arrma twice and got esc fans No problem. Less than a 3 minute call and 3 days later it arrived. Im trying to source a better fan though.
This is for the BLX185 ESC I assume? I am using the Hobbystar Turbo fans and LOVE them. I can't speak to durability yet as they are newly installed, but they blow HARD AF! And this is on standard 6V BEC. I can't imagine them on 7.4V ? They are OOS right now, but I grabbed 4 of them @ $9.99 when they were on sale.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back