ESC programming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bee1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Infraction 4x4
Has anyone gone in depth into the ESC options, I read the TURBO timing can produce a powerband effect. How much does the PUNCH setting really effect the launch ability, I backflip with instant full throttle off the mark with the notorious. A lower punch setting might negate the flip and just wheelie... and then bring in the powerband to compensate for the "slower" launch? I'm keen to have a play, I bought programming boxes for hobbywing and spektrum.
I'm having too much fun just out the front, had the courier arrive this afternoon and he said no wonder you didn't answer your phone!!

Timing on a motor is not the same as timing on an engine. BL timing finds where the rotor is within the stator and helps with startup and top end speed, typically the only way to advance timing is going to be manually within the ESC on a non-sensored set up. Sensored set ups like Castle auto dial in timing at start up and pull it out while its wide open.

Also, the timing is set very high right out of the box. I always reduce mine to around 15 to mitigate heat issues.
Punch makes a big difference, but I’d bet you could still backflip even if you reduced it. Play around with the settings and see what you like.
Be careful with the timing though. The higher it is the faster you go in the top end, but the difference isn’t that much and it creates more heat in the motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back