BLX185 wont enter programming mode.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had this happen to me twice with various ESCs over the past ten years or so: both times the throttle trim was only off just a hair, so little it couldn't be readily seen on the knob. I found it using the LCD graph on my transmitter.

No dice.

Wires good. Reset transmitter. I can adjust endpoint. I can turn left and right.

No throttle and can't enter programming mode :(

No dice.

Wires good. Reset transmitter. I can adjust endpoint. I can turn left and right.

No throttle and can't enter programming mode :(
You didn't say anything about any flashing LEDs but here's a somewhat unorthodox method of recovering a BLX185 where the steering works but the throttle doesn't. Give this a try. It's probably worth a shot.

Sorry! 4 green flashes continuous. No sound
I found the following solutions in another thread here on the forum. Based on the second solution, I would say that the methodology demonstrated in the video I posted would be worth a try, even though it is billed as a solution for blinking red.

-------------------------------

I had this problem and reset it. I have the card. All I did is set the battery mode to nimh, and save it, then change it back. It has been perfect since. Not sure if you can get it to work without the card though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Got the same problem on my Outcast 6s and i also solved it by first disconnecting all motor wires, trying the throttle and then the esc flashed red, connected all the motor wires and the 4 green lights were back, then i shut the power switch off and disconnected the blue wire and tried the throttle back and forth, then shut off again and connected the blue wire and then it was working again.

Was just about to order a new ESC.

Back