Smart ESC v2 programming box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trunkmonkey1

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Talion
  10. Talion EXB
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Typhon TLR
ok - I have the new box. figured that I would update the firmware on the esc that came with my br6. When I run the app from windows 11, the only option for firmware is from 2 years ago. The new one is from this month. Anyone got any thoughts. I'm not a noob. I've done this many times before. But for the life of me, I have no idea why it doesn't have the newest database within the app itself.

ok - I have the new box. figured that I would update the firmware on the esc that came with my br6. When I run the app from windows 11, the only option for firmware is from 2 years ago. The new one is from this month. Anyone got any thoughts. I'm not a noob. I've done this many times before. But for the life of me, I have no idea why it doesn't have the newest database within the app itself.

🤦‍♂️
Try using Windows 10
Perhaps the devs at HH is using the older OS to code the FM..?

🤦‍♂️
Try using Windows 10
Perhaps the devs at HH is using the older OS to code the FM..?

I haven't had any issues using win11. But I tried it your way, still nothing. I went all the way back to Win8 LOL

You may have already tried this, but did you a) get the latest version of the Spektrum app and b) update the firmware on the programmer box? This video shows how to do both:

You may have already tried this, but did you a) get the latest version of the Spektrum app and b) update the firmware on the programmer box? This video shows how to do both:

I did. And it's the programmer box I am trying to update. According to Spektrum, the app should have the latest database. But, it doesn't. As previously stated, the database that I have on it, is from 2021. LOL

So..
The new firmware to "Fix" the New ESC's problem is not even usable..

And, HH wants us folks to fix their ESCs by being Software Debuggers too?
To figure out the necessary steps needed to update a glitchy speed controller??

How much should we bill HH for our efforts?

Last edited:
And you have the latest version (1.1) of the app ?
https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...pektrum-SmartLink-ESC-Programmer-V1.1.0.0.zip

programmer.png

I always thought it was weird that they make you redownload the whole app anytime they have new firmware available. Not very intuitive. Seems like the app should be able to pull new firmware updates from a server, but maybe there are some technical challenges that prevent that or they want the app to work if you don't have an internet connection. Glad you got it goin...looks like a sick truck.

I always thought it was weird that they make you redownload the whole app anytime they have new firmware available. Not very intuitive. Seems like the app should be able to pull new firmware updates from a server, but maybe there are some technical challenges that prevent that or they want the app to work if you don't have an internet connection. Glad you got it goin...looks like a sick truck.
This for sure, a downloadable database update "in app" would be great!

It seems like all software like this should have some sort of built in updater to check for the latest versions.

Last edited:
.looks like a sick truck.

Thx. But all my vehicles have been modified in some way shape or form. Haha.

In all honesty, I'm waiting on Arrma to release the new Talion. I love my exb so much, I have like 6 of them. Plus, 2 or 3 of every other Arrma 6s r/c. Lol

They just suck at coding. :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back