Granite ESC setting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisDown1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi all, I have the Granite 4x4 BLX. I’ve now got charging lipos sorted. But I have no clue how to let the ESC know it is connected to a 3s lipo battery. Is it lipo by default or needs to be told. Confused I am?
Thanks in advance.
Chris.

It should come all set for lipo. No further programming is needed. It is wise to learn how to navigate the programming options of the esc regardless. It should be in your manual, otherwise go here and check it out.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/support/downloads

I downloaded it and saved it in my phone so I had quick ez access.

The BLX100 comes by default in LiPo mode, which means it will safely cut off (LVC) before the voltage gets too low. In the programming it is option #1 and the default setting is value 2.

It should come all set for lipo. No further programming is needed. It is wise to learn how to navigate the programming options of the esc regardless. It should be in your manual, otherwise go here and check it out.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/support/downloads

I downloaded it and saved it in my phone so I had quick ez access.
Thanks that is helpful. I think I understand the manual in regard to tuning the ESC (which I will leave as it is for now), I just had no clue how to tell the what the default setting was.
Appreciate your help. Thanks again.
Chris.

Ok so balance charged up a 5000mha 3s 11.1v lipo battery. Waited until the charger beeped. It showed 12.6v. Put it in the Arrma Granite and hurrah all is good. This thing rips it up. Electric is defo up there with nitro. I was sceptical about that prior to buying one.

My blx 100 goes into limp mode at 3.8v can I change this? Ive swapped batteries, motor, and esc. I have an aftermarket savvox servo I heard can draw too much power, but this doesn't add up.

My blx 100 goes into limp mode at 3.8v can I change this? Ive swapped batteries, motor, and esc. I have an aftermarket savvox servo I heard can draw too much power, but this doesn't add up.
Call Horizon for a replacement ESC. They had a batch with firmware issues.

I was sent a replacement , and have to same exact issue. What are the chances of the "new in box" esc being part of the corrupted batch. I've got a hobbywing quickrun 150A esc that I may put in to verify but it a bit large for the granite

I checked the manual and there is no info to when it goes to limp mode or how to adjust when. Mine cuts off at 3,3Volts. You only can influence the LVC by the setting of which battery you're using (lipo or nimh).

Only thing to do I can think of right now is to do a factory reset of the esc and try it again. It should be set to lipo so there's nothing to fear.

What battery? Cheapo batteries can't keep up with the draw and will voltage sag, even though they read a lot higher at rest.

What battery? Cheapo batteries can't keep up with the draw and will voltage sag, even though they read a lot higher at rest.
That makes sense. You mean a low C battery? I use genace "basher" batteries 3S with 50C and have no problems. When they're done they read around 3,3V per cell.

That makes sense. You mean a low C battery? I use genace "basher" batteries 3S with 50C and have no problems. When they're done they read around 3,3V per cell.
Yes a low True C rate can cause problems like this. Don't believe what the label says the c rate of the battery is this is never correct and those numbers are just a marketing gimmick.
Most of the cheapo lipos like Zee, Awanfi whatever cheapo name they are selling them under on Amazon/eBay are at best half of the listed c rate, if the c rate listed is above 50 the true c rate might be 1/3 of what is listed.

The lectron is brand new. I'm new the hobby, these were both recommended by my local shop. The battery reader gives close readings for all three cells. Still limping at ~3.8v

20201117_181331.jpg

I haven't used those, but I'm guessing those are OK. Are you getting red flashing on the ESC? That means low voltage, I believe green flashing is overtemp.

Both mine and my friends blx100 in our typhon 3s 4x4 are doing the same thing. We hit lvc after 5 min on 5200mah 3s 50c. What was the fix? Can you guys update the thread please thank you. We took my buddy's to the lhs where we got it last week and they tried saying batteries but he let him try one of his batteries, a 2s, which he said should last at least 10min. It lasted 3 min.

I still don't have a solution. I suspect it's the way I've been charging them. I'm a bit of a noob and didn't realize I had to ballace the battery specifically as opposed to just doing a charge with balance plug in.That being the lectron pro was brand new and still had issues right off the bat (I was still not balancing improperly) . I don't know if this is possible for an esc to draw uneven power from the cells. Maybe someone has an answer. My next step is to swap out esc for a different brand

We have high end batteries and it's still acting up. Also when we went to the hobby shop they ruled out the battery and said it must be ESC, electronic speed controller. I've read on this forum that there was a firmware software update so I'm just trying to figure out how to fix this so I can actually use it.

We will be sure to report back on how that goes. I'm not worried about my friend who bought it at the hobby shop. (his steering servo died today) I am however worried about myself who purchased it from the other person. I think now I know why I was able to buy a new arrma typhon 3s blx 4x4 for $276.37 vs. my friend who paid $344 at the lhs. I've read that they have amazing customer service and it seems like they're helping people out so since my model was new and not abused, I've already sent a message to the seller asking if they purchased it at a lhs becaue I intend to contact customer support as well as long as they can provide me with info on where they bought it because the lhs where my friend got his said something about paper trail so I figured I might as well try to figure out the paper trail so I can get a properly working esc in exchange for this one. If they weren't so pricey I would just get a new one myself out of pocket without worrying about all of this. I already spent money on rpm arms, aluminum toe links, wheels tires, batteries, etc. and I haven't gotten to really run it. Good thing we have so many batteries because when every 5-8 mins you need to change out batteries it gets old fast. So once it's working right, with four 5200mah 3s 50c batteries, it should run well. Right now we would go through 2 protek si-graphene Li-Hv 4500mah 3s batteries each and then he has two of the 5200's and I have four. I bought four so I could take better care of the more expensive packs because I really bought those for my air plane. They're about 240 grams and 4500mah, flew my carbon cub like a raped ape.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back