Kraton EXB Chassis Material Used

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think it's been tested and actually proven but has been shown many times by comparison to other 7075 parts. Especially the chassis on the 8s rigs and 6s rigs also. Not to mention the EXB chassis braces and towers etc.

Don't think it's been tested and actually proven but has been shown many times by comparison to other 7075 parts. Especially the chassis on the 8s rigs and 6s rigs also. Not to mention the EXB chassis braces and towers etc.
I don't doubt it as I've seen the carnage out there...just sucks that they wouldnt use the best materials for something called the EXB.
But business is business i guess. :(

I don't doubt it as I've seen the carnage out there...just sucks that they wouldnt use the best materials for something called the EXB.
But business is business i guess. :(
I mean don't get me wrong many have had decent luck with moderate bashing and use but people like myself that like to send rigs 30 ft high its not enough. M2C for the win if your going to go big or expect some bending and carnage. Also for example I plan to grab the Mojave EXB and run it with mostly stock EXB parts but it also won't see huge ramp sends to need a lot of upgrades. I'll probably switch out the ackerman to M2C as it will guaranteed have some hard nose impacts and the stock and EXB ackermans like to bow like a rainbow but otherwise should be fine.

I mean don't get me wrong many have had decent luck with moderate bashing and use but people like myself that like to send rigs 30 ft high its not enough. M2C for the win if your going to go big or expect some bending and carnage. Also for example I plan to grab the Mojave EXB and run it with mostly stock EXB parts but it also won't see huge ramp sends to need a lot of upgrades. I'll probably switch out the ackerman to M2C as it will guaranteed have some hard nose impacts and the stock and EXB ackermans like to bow like a rainbow but otherwise should be fine.
Yea I definitely cant afford to be sending anything 30+ft. in the air. hahaha
I just like knowing what I have is what I paid for. I was never worried for myself bending the chassis or anything other than the normal wear and tear stuff but I also would like to feel comfortable if/when the time comes to aim for the moon. hahaha
On the other hand if I break something it would be a good reason to upgrade :unsure::LOL:

I just like knowing what I have is what I paid for. I was never worried for myself bending the chassis or anything other than the normal wear and tear stuff but I also would like to feel comfortable if/when the time comes to aim for the moon. hahaha
On the other hand if I break something it would be a good reason to upgrade :unsure::LOL:
I hear ya and I don't recommend it unless your comfortable and skilled with the rig being used. Also you have to be prepared to possibly break hundreds of dollars in parts and have your rig down for repairs. I started very conservative and first month I had my K6s I hit a fence post at only about 5-10mph and snapped my chassis at the front diff holes. So from there was very cautious as if hitting a wood post that slow could break the chassis I figured there's no way I could send it like @Rich Duperbash But I gained skill and confidence and soon was going bigger and bigger until my chassis had a wave in it with the front pushed up rear bent down and a twist🤣 So M2C chassis, braces, towers etc installed and to the moon I go with very little worry. And I like your thinking that was my excuse also😂

To any aftermarket parts people or Armma for that matter, the rear brace on the K6 would be awesome if it was 'y' shaped as there is a lot of space between the lower end of the brace to the diff housing. I think if there was a brace that came down in that space it would help prevent some of the tweaks I see in pictures. that area seems to be a problem spot as far as getting tweaked. imo
Inkedbrace_LI.jpg

From the upper mounting point to the chassis, or from the brace too the chassis. I know I know...I think too much. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My EXB chassis flexed to no end and I switched to M2C for the extra confidence. You will send it 30' and beyond before you know it. Confidence comes quick once you land your first long jump. Single, double and triple flips soon after.

My EXB chassis flexed to no end and I switched to M2C for the extra confidence. You will send it 30' and beyond before you know it. Confidence comes quick once you land your first long jump. Single, double and triple flips soon after.
Yea the way I'm getting the feel for it in the air is to jump off of hills instead of jumping the hill (makes sense?). Getting used to how it reacts to throttle input etc..
I'm going to try my best to hold out as long as I can before sending it. hahaha

Yea the way I'm getting the feel for it in the air is to jump off of hills instead of jumping the hill (makes sense?). Getting used to how it reacts to throttle input etc..
I'm going to try my best to hold out as long as I can before sending it. hahaha
I started on wing rolls of snow from the snow plows, graduated to dirt mounds at a construction site, moved on to a small jump at a bmx track, then launched it out of a bowl at a skate park and eventually going full send at a pro bmx track where the jumps were easily over 50 feet. That happened over the span of 6 months. I'll see you when you get there, say 2 months😁

Last edited:
I started on wing rolls snow from the snow plows, graduated to dirt mounds at a construction site, moved on to a small jump at a bmx track, then launched it out of a bowl at a skate park and eventually going full send at a pro bmx track where the jumps were easily over 50 feet. That happened over the span of 6 months. I'll see you when you get there, say 2 months😁
Yea right!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It’s probably t1 7075 rather than t6 it’s probably the cheapest 7075 they could find just so they could say it’s from.
They make entry level rigs that mostly have plastic resin type parts. They do that to keep costs down. It's nice to tsee the mid level rtr's and higher end kits come with the 7075 chassis. **** This isn't always true for every rig...... look at the xmsxx, it's chassis is a nylon resin and it works pretty damn good.

Beware tho, just because it's aluminum, doesn't mean it's 7075 grade.

I hear ya and I don't recommend it unless your comfortable and skilled with the rig being used. Also you have to be prepared to possibly break hundreds of dollars in parts and have your rig down for repairs. I started very conservative and first month I had my K6s I hit a fence post at only about 5-10mph and snapped my chassis at the front diff holes. So from there was very cautious as if hitting a wood post that slow could break the chassis I figured there's no way I could send it like @Rich Duperbash But I gained skill and confidence and soon was going bigger and bigger until my chassis had a wave in it with the front pushed up rear bent down and a twist🤣 So M2C chassis, braces, towers etc installed and to the moon I go with very little worry. And I like your thinking that was my excuse also😂
Look at the Xmaxx. You can send it to the moon and it'll survive. Im impressed how durable it is

You can get the weight and volume and do a density calculation to prove if it is 7075 vs. 6061. Factory v5 6061 chassis are quite soft, so says me, but I only have one bent one on my wall. The EXB chassis are noticeably stiffer, but they're still 3mm. I used the scorched rear skid plate, which adds a ton of strength to the twisty spot that Mr. @N.Mango man pointed out above. You can't compare the EXB chassis to M2C. M2C is a permanent solution, but it adds a lot of weight that requires extra strengthening of components, adding extra cost. So before writing the EXB chassis off as junk, consider that it occupies a midpoint between the OEM wet noodle and the put-your-money-where-your-mouth-is upgrade to M2C.

Edit: BTW, T6 heat treatment, like all heat treatments, does not change the rigidity or stiffness (elasticity modulus is the same). It does increase the tensile and final yield strengths, as well as hardness. But heat treat does nothing to alter bending.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back